Project Stardust - How the "Cleanup" campaign will affect Disneyland - OCR/SCNG

mickEblu

Woah. So we'd have a thread where we mock a Twitter account and share screen caps of their posts- which are screen caps of our posts mocking us. How many layers deep is that?

Woah. So we'd have a thread where we mock a Twitter account and share screen caps of their posts- which are screen caps of our posts mocking us. How many layers deep is that?

MIND BLOWN

Phroobar

Very interesting. Excellent marketing for a project that has mostly consisted of removing planters and seating- changes that hurt the visual appeal and guest experience on days that arent unusually busy.

Wanna utilize space better? Turn the carousel theater into something that actually gets people off the street.

Shorten (don't remove) the autopia to free up space in the motor boat cruise area, and add a new ride or two. Reroute the monorail if needed.

Lower the amount of Fastpasses provided to get more guests in line vs walkways. I love Fastpasses, but Disney's infrastructure wasn't designed to handle guests waiting in a line while waiting virtually for another.

Turn Pooh into a ride people actually want to experience to get more people in Critter Country.

Add shows people want to see to the Magic Eye Theater and Fantasyland theater- those high capacity theaters can get people off of the walkways.

Have more frequent performances at the Tomorrowland Terrace to Jeep that venue full.

Run the canoes for more than a few hours a day.

Beef up the Disney Gallery to have exhibits park fans actually want to see, to help encourage visitation.

And better yet? Build more quality attractions in DCA to further encourage guests voluntarily visit for longer each day + actually offer night entertainment there.
This is rare but I totally agree with everything you said there.

Phroobar

Perhaps it's time a new version of the "Bruh club" gets revived (that I was unfortunately never a part of), but in a new incarnation- the PhantasmickElite or something.

Only requirement for entry? The shill has to mention you on Twitter.
You can be your own shill on Twitter.

SuddenStorm

Lol wonderful idea. And much harder to get into. It’s like the Club 33 of WDW Magic forums.

Looks like it's official!

Phantasmick.PNG

SuddenStorm

Throughout Disneyland park, the locations of planters and outdoor vending carts are being adjusted to make room for additional walking space and new, more efficient stroller areas. There also will be more seating in Disneyland park than ever before when Project Stardust is complete.

I'm gonna need some clarification on how that's possible- since most of the seating is being hacked away at.

nevol

I had this thought last night, coincidentally before I saw any of this project stardust news. The new security perimeter, a wider Disney security bubble, isn't just for typical security and counter-terrorism efforts (preventing things like mass shootings in downtown disney or the parks). This is also for preventing mobs of people from swarming downtown Disney and the esplanade on capacity days, effectively giving the entire resort a gate that can hit capacity and stop letting people in. Before, the parks had gates that could close, but downtown disney was semi-public and the resort could still be penetrated by pedestrians and those trying to get into the parks. Now, they can fully integrate what is happening at the gates with what is happening at the parking structures. When Disneyland and DCA hit capacity, they can simply halt the security checks on the resort perimeter and stop shuttling people into downtown disney on the trams. This will prevent stampedes once galaxy's edge opens, and allow better staging of queues;
1. queues to enter the land from within the park,
2. queues to enter the park itself, and finally,
3. queues just to get on property.
If done correctly, this could really be a game changer for the resort and will be an effective first line of defense against chaos and unsafe conditions. It would also make it easier to evacuate the parks if needed. Imagine trying to evacuate disneyland when there is another mob of 10,000 people outside the esplanade.

Raising ticket prices and having better security on the ground, in addition to the work mentioned here, are only going to go so far. I hope that we eventually see a system of online ticket reservations ahead of time, so that people can't show up to a park once it is already at capacity. Since people don't stay the entire time, there will have to be some magic number of tickets sold, where they sell, say, 25,000 more tickets than the park's capacity is at any given time, taking into account that some guests will arrive early and some will arrive later when the morning crowd has left. Right now, this seems ridiculous, but when the park is hitting capacity and turning people away by 11 am every day in july, it might be the preferrable option. Turn the website and app into a digital reservation system, and enforce the purchasing of tickets an evening in advance, unless the park is not scheduled to hit capacity.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom