News IllumiNations Dining Package coming to Epcot later this month

ThatMouse

Change headline: most of the best viewing areas to be blocked off for last show. Not sure where our last night will be, probably Japan. I'm sure Italy will have a bunch of private events.

DC0703

This just makes me irritated on principle. I swear there is a team of staffers who scour the internet for any insider tip they can find so that disney can slap a price tag on it. I get that they are in the business to make money, but nickle and diming the consumer everywhere they can just tarnishes the brand. Rant /off

Sad because i just got the rose and crown fireworks experience last year for my honeymoon. They gave us a table right by the water, made paper crowns for us, and let us use a lightsaber to start the fireworks while eating a complementary dessert. One of the most memorable moments of our trip

Kevin_W

This just makes me irritated on principle. I swear there is a team of staffers who scour the internet for any insider tip they can find so that disney can slap a price tag on it. I get that they are in the business to make money, but nickle and diming the consumer everywhere they can just tarnishes the brand. Rant /off

I agree. We just visited Disneyland - the best spots for the parade? Roped off for people who paid extra. It's irritating on both coasts...

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
If the demand is there, expect to see the same in Mexico and Morocco. With the expected crowds, all of the little tips and treasured locations will be upcharge.

As I was watching Illuminations from La Hacienda de San Angel recently I thought to myself, What this place needs is a limited pre fixe menu with jacked-up pricing.

alex0c

I mean, it’s not for me but compared to the other fireworks viewing “parties” it’s a pretty good value. It doesn’t cost much more and comes with a three course meal and unlimited alcohol. Pity to take away yet another prime viewing area for an upcharge paid event though.

rio

I’m surprised this didn’t happen sooner, but I do have to wonder how pervasive this will get. If the new show cannot replicate the experience exactly no matter where you are on the lagoon, this might be a one-off.

Tony the Tigger

I may give it a shot at the end of the month.

Re: just booking a restaurant on the water at that hour: there's no guarantee of a seat with a view, right? At least this way, it's a sure thing. And I can get my value with unlimited alcohol lol.

ThatMouse

It's probably $50 per person to eat there anyway so if $35 extra seems worth it... Illuminations can be seen from anywhere, and it's not THAT important that you have direct line of sight for all the effects. I'm usually fine with a beer and standing somewhere that's not crowded. Even when the show turns to suck, I will probably be fine with a beer continuing my walk around world showcase remembering how good the show and music used to be.

alex0c

It's probably $50 per person to eat there anyway so if $35 extra seems worth it... Illuminations can be seen from anywhere, and it's not THAT important that you have direct line of sight for all the effects. I'm usually fine with a beer and standing somewhere that's not crowded. Even when the show turns to suck, I will probably be fine with a beer continuing my walk around world showcase remembering how good the show and music used to be.

That particular menu with two beers would set you back about $63, $80 with tax and tip. So it’s not an egregious markup (assuming you wanted to eat and drink that much in the first place)

TOCPE82

Is there any word on when the last show is going to be? I heard "end of summer" and assumed I'd be fine the first week of August.... Hopefully!?!?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
That's some fuzzy math, my wife and I (so 2 people) get the bangers and mash and I get 2 beers and we typically spend $ 75 with tip and tax. This "event" would now cost us $170 plus tax (i'm assuming tip is included) so it would cost us nearly $100 more. Not sure how this markup makes sense unless you're lush and like to drink 6 brews in an hour and a half.

docdebbi

It's not really worth $35 more, if I have always gotten the view for dining there at the proper time with NO EXTRA charge for the view. Just good planning on my part.

And not worth the extra $35 to include alcohol as we have a recovered alcoholic ( 5 years sober) in our party so NO ONE drinks in front of him.

And certainly not worth $85 for my 10 year old (now considered an adult) to eat a pub burger and a soda.

And certainly not worth the extra charge to then limit my choices from the menu, which are currently unlimited because I simply have a dining reservation and can order what I want.

May work for some, but certainly not for me.

alex0c

That's some fuzzy math, my wife and I (so 2 people) get the bangers and mash and I get 2 beers and we typically spend $ 75 with tip and tax. This "event" would now cost us $170 plus tax (i'm assuming tip is included) so it would cost us nearly $100 more. Not sure how this markup makes sense unless you're lush and like to drink 6 brews in an hour and a half.

Yeah, that's why I said that *particular* menu. A 3-course meal of scottish egg, fish and chips and dessert with two of the cheapest beers on the menu would be $80 with tax and tip so it's "only" a $5 markup (and theoretically cheaper if you order more than two beers).

Of course, most people probably wouldn't usually order that much food so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom