Switching from All-Star Movies to Caribbean Beach Preferred (Any reason not to?)

MrVargas

Original Poster
I have booked a 10 day trip to Disney World next summer for our family of 4 (Girl age 6, boy age 8). First time we've been to Disney.

We had originally booked All-Star Movies in a preferred room. It seemed like a decent kid-friendly place. However, due to the recent promotions I was able to change my reservation to a preferred room in Caribbean Beach Resort. Besides the hotel class upgrade, I'm also saving about $200 with the switch.

Is there any reason not to do this? It seems like better location, better dining, better pool, nicer room. The construction seems like it won't be an issue next summer. The biggest downsides I read are the walking but with a preferred room that shouldn't be a problem.

Is there any reason not to do this switch? Thanks.

Jon81uk

The only down-side is that your kids would probably prefer the oversized icons that make up the theming at All Star Movies. But they will probably enjoy the pool with a slide at Carribean Beach.

As you say to get a nicer hotel with a better pool and larger room and save $200 it seems like a no-brainer to switch.

DisneyJoe

Some don't like the multiple bus stops within CBR as it can slow you down making that internal loop when going to a park or returning from one - but if you are aware of it and have patience, you will be fine.

correcaminos

The only down-side is that your kids would probably prefer the oversized icons that make up the theming at All Star Movies. But they will probably enjoy the pool with a slide at Carribean Beach.

As you say to get a nicer hotel with a better pool and larger room and save $200 it seems like a no-brainer to switch.
Maybe or maybe not. Not all kids like that. Mine was never really into the Disney icons there.

But otherwise yes, I see no reason at all to stay at All Stars over CBR.

I would run to CBR! There are more bus stops there, but the moderate busing system has always worked better for us vs. the cattle call at the values. I think the moderates provide a much nicer experience overall.

Worldlover71

You will appreciate the larger room at CBR as well. The rooms at AS are pretty small. If you are like me, you will also appreciate the hot tub (at CBR, but not at AS) after a long day at the park!

correcaminos

Are your kids actually kids? (Under age.. Say.. 9?) If so, I find that odd.

We're just above that age now (11) but traveled nearly yearly (if not more) since 2002 to Disney. I personally am just about to turn 42 so we're not old people if that is what you were thinking.

Kind of rude to call people odd for being different though. My whole point is not everyone likes those themes. My own really look for slides at pools TBH more than what the room exactly looks like all the time.

JohnD

I have booked a 10 day trip to Disney World next summer for our family of 4 (Girl age 6, boy age 8). First time we've been to Disney.

We had originally booked All-Star Movies in a preferred room. It seemed like a decent kid-friendly place. However, due to the recent promotions I was able to change my reservation to a preferred room in Caribbean Beach Resort. Besides the hotel class upgrade, I'm also saving about $200 with the switch.

Is there any reason not to do this? It seems like better location, better dining, better pool, nicer room. The construction seems like it won't be an issue next summer. The biggest downsides I read are the walking but with a preferred room that shouldn't be a problem.

Is there any reason not to do this switch? Thanks.

Yes. If you're looking to save money. But if you're saving money at CBR instead, then yes, take it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
We're just above that age now (11) but traveled nearly yearly (if not more) since 2002 to Disney. I personally am just about to turn 42 so we're not old people if that is what you were thinking.

Kind of rude to call people odd for being different though. My whole point is not everyone likes those themes. My own really look for slides at pools TBH more than what the room exactly looks like all the time.

No, that was not my point at all.

correcaminos

No, that was not my point at all.
Then what was it? Mine was that not all kids love the same thing. That's the great thing about Disney is that if your kid likes pirates or animals or Ariel or super modern like they think they'd see it in the future (where we are this year) there is a room option that fits. Some either don't care for the specific theme of one resort which is cool. The specific icons from the movies there just never appealed. Had there been different movies it might have been different. As it was there was no draw for any of us so we used our points to stay instead of renting them out.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Then what was it? Mine was that not all kids love the same thing. That's the great thing about Disney is that if your kid likes pirates or animals or Ariel or super modern like they think they'd see it in the future (where we are this year) there is a room option that fits. Some either don't care for the specific theme of one resort which is cool. The specific icons from the movies there just never appealed. Had there been different movies it might have been different. As it was there was no draw for any of us so we used our points to stay instead of renting them out.
Dont worry about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom