Aunt Polly's to reopen for limited time!

RollerCoaster

20 ounce bottles of Coca-Cola are now $4.19!!!

That's exactly why I've stopped going to Disney. You all can have the place.

Last edited by a moderator:

muddyrivers

A bit OT but this is something that really grinds my gears about Disney as well. I understand we are a captive audience but the price gouging on things like a bottle of Coke seems beyond excessive to me. It’s a shame and sours me at times

Last edited by a moderator:

Brainleech419

So if I am understanding this right the building I circled in red is aunt polly. Kinda makes sense its not that opened year round as it is in a weird location

Attachments

• aunt polly.jpg
    aunt polly.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 88

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Then maybe you're not the demographic that they're catering to these days. Target audiences are usually groups of consumers with large amounts of disposable income.

mikejs78

Premium Member

A bit OT but this is something that really grinds my gears about Disney as well. I understand we are a captive audience but the price gouging on things like a bottle of Coke seems beyond excessive to me. It’s a shame and sours me at times
A 20oz soda at my local professional Baseball stadium is $5.25. Disney is cheap.

RollerCoaster

if you a buy a bottle of coke from a cart outside it's 4.50, water is 3.50

That's OUTRAGEOUS.

At Six Flags with their heavily discounted gate and giveaway season passes I expect them to gouge you. At Disney however you're paying a high gate price for admission. I don't mind paying more for the convenience, but I have a MAJOR PROBLEM with being ripped off!

Until recently I've for the most part thought that food & beverage and concession prices were generally fair. That's not the case anymore! That's a blatant rip off.

At this point...I'd rather patronize Six Flags, despite the inferior park experience.

MuteSuperstar

While I think WDW prices across the board have become largely obnoxious (like a good chunk of their target audience) and I've stopped going, I really don't think 4 bucks is that bad for a Coke in that kind of environment. Once they get over 5 (probably by next year at this rate), then we can talk.

But yeah, good to see Aunt Polly's back open, for however long it lasts.

Last edited:

peter11435

I'm sure you had a great week's vacation at the stadium. It's certainly on my bucket list.
Yes obviously it’s true that most people don’t spend multiple days at a stadium. But length of visit really is irrelevant when referencing the price of a good that is the same product in either situation. You can’t justify one and and not the other. In both cases you are a captive audience purchasing the same product. In fact the stadium is generally worse because at least in Disney’s case you have the option of bringing in your own beverages.

Next Big Thing

Queue the people who will now say that’s somehow different since you’re not at the stadium for multiple days.
I don’t normally comment on things like this, but I don’t see how that’s an invalid argument. Doesn’t mean I like paying that much, but it’s in line with industry pricing and amusement park pricing in general.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom