News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

mikejs78

Premium Member
Innoventions’ demolition is all but confirmed now. Meet and Greets are moving to Imagination soon, construction is going on now as we speak. From what i’ve heard, you should set your eyes on March 2019. RIP
The whole thing, or part?

This really is sad. Walking through Innoventions Plaza is one of my favorite things to do in WDW. If it is true, I hope that they can figure out something worthwhile to do with the space to make it feel alive and not just empty space.

DreamfinderGuy

The whole thing, or part?

This really is sad. Walking through Innoventions Plaza is one of my favorite things to do in WDW. If it is true, I hope that they can figure out something worthwhile to do with the space to make it feel alive and not just empty space.
Like I said, i’m no Martin, but this is just what i’ve heard combined with recent events. Probably the whole thing, but I heard East is going down. Now i’m starting to wonder if I heard wrong because all the Meet and Greets are in West. Plus, East has MouseGear.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Like I said, i’m no Martin, but this is just what i’ve heard combined with recent events. Probably the whole thing, but I heard East is going down. Now i’m starting to wonder if I heard wrong because all the Meet and Greets are in West. Plus, East has MouseGear.

Yeah, I can't see them getting rid of MouseGear and they really have no other optimal place to put it.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Well, I'm going back in Feb... I guess it's possible that will be my last time seeing the Epcot I know and love...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The following statement is not based on knowledge, just thoughts...
Wonders of Life building could hold MouseGear until a permanent replacement is built (if they were to tear down West).

It's a possibility. The problem I see with that is how far out of the way it is and how close to the GOTG construction it is, but if Disney is determined, then I could see that.

cindy_k

It's a possibility. The problem I see with that is how far out of the way it is and how close to the GOTG construction it is, but if Disney is determined, then I could see that.
They would be better off using Odyssey than WOL. WOL really is far off the beaten path. I always wondered about the park flow discussion when building it like that.

peter11435

They would be better off using Odyssey than WOL. WOL really is far off the beaten path. I always wondered about the park flow discussion when building it like that.

For the purposes of a central merchandise location I agree. However I don’t see how you can consider wonders of life any more off the beaten path than any other future world pavilion. The only real issue is that over a decade of underutilization has resulted in them allowing the vegetation overgrowth to largely obscure the structure.

DreamfinderGuy

The following statement is not based on knowledge, just thoughts...
Wonders of Life building could hold MouseGear until a permanent replacement is built (if they were to tear down West).
Wasn’t this an actual thing they were considering at one point? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Innoventions’ demolition is all but confirmed now. Meet and Greets are moving to Imagination soon, construction is going on now as we speak. From what i’ve heard, you should set your eyes on March 2019. RIP

Well, @marni1971 is saying that that's one plan, but there are still others on the table.

One and only one M&G is definitely moving to Imagination's ImageWorks. There are constuction walls up in ImageWorks to make way for the Ralph and Vanellope M&G to move there. If all of them were moving sooner than later, then almost all of ImageWorks would be under construction now, and it's not.

I'm not saying that Innoventions won't be razed and all the M&Gs will move to ImageWorks, but, for now, there is only the physical indication and confirmation by Disney that only WiR is moving from Innoventions to ImageWorks... for now.

If something more is happening this Spring, no other insider has attested to it, and there is no indication of it happening yet.

On topic discussion here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/big-changes-coming-to-epcots-future-world.907522/

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Wasn’t this an actual thing they were considering at one point? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?
I said something about it when the spine first came up. I really doubt that you are thinking about my post. Back then, no one responded to my post, that I recall, and I don't remember someone later mentioning it, BUT I could have missed it:)

I think it is a logical solution IF you were to demo the existing MouseGear space and needed a temporary large facility. It's probably a better place to do something like that then say, Millennial Pavilion.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think MouseGear works because it's basically right on the way out for most guests leaving the park.

Let's think about what else is housed in those buildings

East:
- Guest Relations
- MouseGear
- Electric Umbrella

West:
-Art of Disney Store
-Club Cool
-Starbucks
-Light Lab/whatever else they put in there

...so they'd have to relocate at least some of these. I could see Guest Relations moving in behind Spaceship Earth.

Timothy_Q

I think MouseGear works because it's basically right on the way out for most guests leaving the park.

Let's think about what else is housed in those buildings

East:
- Guest Relations
- MouseGear
- Electric Umbrella

West:
-Art of Disney Store
-Club Cool
-Starbucks
-Light Lab/whatever else they put in there

...so they'd have to relocate at least some of these. I could see Guest Relations moving in behind Spaceship Earth.
Pretty sure any redesign would still include a big store, guest relations, food places, etc. in the middle of the park.
That's not really the question

What would change is the aesthetic and layout of everything

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Pretty sure any redesign would still include a big store, guest relations, food places, etc. in the middle of the park.
That's not really the question

What would change is the aesthetic and layout of everything

My point is that they'd either be tearing down and rebuilding somewhere else...at great expense...or moving those into existing buildings elsewhere...just seems odd to go through that much trouble unless there's something wrong with the buildings?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom