PERMITS

Old Mouseketeer

And I remember when that was said about all the other backstage buildings now moved offsite.

Things changes based on business needs. :)

I thought for more than a decade that the clock was ticking for the staff shops that were moved for SW:GE. But they are running out of things to move. Basically, after they move Entertainment into the Ride Maintenance building, all that's left on the North side is the big warehouse north of the Parade Float building. They are not going to demo TDA.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I thought for more than a decade that the clock was ticking for the staff shops that were moved for SW:GE. But they are running out of things to move. Basically, after they move Entertainment into the Ride Maintenance building, all that's left on the North side is the big warehouse north of the Parade Float building. They are not going to demo TDA.

In my opinion, Disney has already tipped their hand that they will continue to expand the boarders within the existing footprint of the resort instead of building a 3rd park. So that means basically moving all BOH offsite or having to build it into the onstage buildings. TDA could just as easily move and reuse the USCIS building on Manchester when that lease is up in a year or two or find another place nearby. Point is I'm not going to be surprised when they actually find a way to do it.

Last edited:

TP2000

And I remember when that was said about all the other backstage buildings now moved offsite.

Things changes based on business needs. :)

Nothing is off the table.

If you had told me 10 years ago they would reroute the Disneyland Railroad, reconfigure the Rivers of America, and move the Circle D Ranch to Corona and make the horses commute on the Riverside Freeway every day to keep the Streetcars operating on Main Street, I would have laughed hysterically and assumed you were living in your mom's basement and dreaming of impossibilities.

And yet, here we are, all of that and much more was done to open a 14 acre and Double E Ticket expansion of Disneyland that's costing at least $1 Billion. 10 years ago no one (who was sober) could have dreamed up such a thing.

And now permits are piling up that clearly show they are going to bulldoze the entertainment warehouse just north of Toontown for more park expansion and another new ride. That's a warehouse that some folks here insisted could never be moved, never replaced, and never touched. But there it goes... buh-bye.

Moving a cubicle farm like TDA off property, sometime late in the 2020's or 2030's, is entirely possible in the 21st century when "Anything is possible at Disneyland! -Walt Disney"

Disney Irish

Premium Member

If you had told me 10 years ago they would reroute the Disneyland Railroad, reconfigure the Rivers of America, and move the Circle D Ranch to Corona and make the horses commute on the Riverside Freeway every day to keep the Streetcars operating on Main Street, I would have laughed hysterically and assumed you were living in your mom's basement and dreaming of impossibilities.

And yet, here we are, all of that and much more was done to open a 14 acre and Double E Ticket expansion of Disneyland that's costing at least $1 Billion. 10 years ago no one (who was sober) could have dreamed up such a thing.

And now permits are piling up that clearly show they are going to bulldoze the entertainment warehouse just north of Toontown for more park expansion and another new ride. That's a warehouse that some folks here insisted could never be moved, never replaced, and never touched. But there it goes... buh-bye.

Moving a cubicle farm like TDA off property, sometime late in the 2020's or 2030's, is entirely possible in the 21st century when "Anything is possible at Disneyland! -Walt Disney"

Yep, exactly my point, never say never or it can't be done.

DanielBB8

BLD2018-05318 Mickey and Friends - Non Residential Addtion: New 5 level elevator shaft, 450 sq.ft deck and 200 sq.ft machine room less adjacent to cleo parking structure.
So finally, one additional elevator on the existing Mickey and Friends parking structure. Yay!!! Never too late, but they really need to triple the number of elevators to 6 at M&F and have at least 4 elevators at Cleo.

DanielBB8

Yay!!! But Disneyland Resort needs a true master plan instead of what appears to be piecemeal changes. Make up your mind Disney.

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-05389 Electrical to support - DCA - Paradise Pier Enhancements - BLD 513 - Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind - Tenant Improvement REF:BLD2018-04030 [DCA - Paradise Pier Enhancements - BLD 513 - Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind - Tenant Improvement: Foundation for future themed wall, new queue layout and exit ramps. Renovation to existing HPU room #104 includes reroof 360 sq.ft, stucco 110 sq.ft and roof top equipment.]

Disney Irish

Premium Member
BLD2018-05389 Electrical to support - DCA - Paradise Pier Enhancements - BLD 513 - Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind - Tenant Improvement REF:BLD2018-04030 [DCA - Paradise Pier Enhancements - BLD 513 - Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind - Tenant Improvement: Foundation for future themed wall, new queue layout and exit ramps. Renovation to existing HPU room #104 includes reroof 360 sq.ft, stucco 110 sq.ft and roof top equipment.]

And here comes the whirlwind........

Old Mouseketeer

This should be interesting. I'm going to be reaching out to some of my Bothans. I don't have much understanding of DL Resort building numbers. This could be the redevelopment of the Staff Shops to vacate the Entertainment Building behind ToonTown. Wow!

So my rebel spies have reported in. The 9073 is the maintenance building that surrounds the Pyro Farm on the North and West Sides.

InkedMMRRR-1_LI.jpg

I need to find a larger aerial view. Here I have put Toontown in light blue, the existing Entertainment Building in Red (future home of MMRRR), the 9073 building in Gold, the Pyro Farm in Purple, and the Studio/Rehearsal Hall Building in Green (the future of which is uncertain).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So my rebel spies have reported in. The 9073 is the maintenance building that surrounds the Pyro Farm on the North and West Sides.

View attachment 329568

I need to find a larger aerial view. Here I have put Toontown in light blue, the existing Entertainment Building in Red (future home of MMRRR), the 9073 building in Gold, the Pyro Farm in Purple, and the Studio/Rehearsal Hall Building in Green (the future of which is uncertain).

You need Google Earth Pro.... ( ;) )

1543641441112.png

How to use Google Earth

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-05398 Disneyland Convention Center - Electrical to install (6) new parking payment machines, located on side walk.

SGN2018-00181 DTD - Building D, suite 104 - Installation two illuminated wall signs read "Wetzel's Pretzels"

Anjin

BLD2018-05398 Disneyland Convention Center - Electrical to install (6) new parking payment machines, located on side walk.

SGN2018-00181 DTD - Building D, suite 104 - Installation two illuminated wall signs read "Wetzel's Pretzels"
I've been to that darn Wetzel's enough times that I'm happy about the work going into it. :D

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-05459 Rancho Del Zocalo - Tenant Improvement: Mechanical to remove and replace rooftop mechanical unit.

BLD2018-05462 Mechanical to support Hollywood Land - Guardians of the Galaxy / B313 - Tenant Improvement.

BLD2018-05465 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion / BLD 10040. Tenant Improvement: (NAME) Facade renovation of 1000 sq.ft new exterior steel show set and Interior 1000 sq.ft, built on site. Foundation under BLD2016-03519

BLD2018-05469 DCA- Lunar New Year 2019 - Golden State Area - Temporary Structures - Miscellaneous: (4) Food Kiosk, (1) truss arches and (2) lighting towers. (Start date January 1-21-2018, End date February 20th,2019)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom