PERMITS

SSG

Original Poster
Yes, add name...

BLD2018-04325 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Bldg 10040 - Tenant Improvement: Interior prefabricated show set (ADD NAME) being built offsite and will be bolted into place in the facility attraction #1

This was amended a bit and now says:

BLD2018-04325 Disneyland - SW - DL Frontierland Expansion - Bldg 10040 - Tenant Improvement: Interior prefabricated show set Tie Fighter being built offsite and will be bolted into place in the facility attraction #1

SSG

Original Poster
New roofing:

BLD2018-05237 Disney - Fantasyland / Sleeping Beauty Castle - Reroof: Tear off existing material, replace with fibre reinforced plastic located on existing turrets only.

BLD2018-05238 Disney - Fantasyland / Sleeping Beauty Castle -Reroof: 2,200 sq.ft Tear off existing material and replace with composition shingles located Sleeping beauty Castle and Holiday Shoppe Roof only.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
New roofing:

BLD2018-05237 Disney - Fantasyland / Sleeping Beauty Castle - Reroof: Tear off existing material, replace with fibre reinforced plastic located on existing turrets only.

BLD2018-05238 Disney - Fantasyland / Sleeping Beauty Castle -Reroof: 2,200 sq.ft Tear off existing material and replace with composition shingles located Sleeping beauty Castle and Holiday Shoppe Roof only.

Repairing the roofing finally. So after the holidays we'll be seeing a new roof installed. Yay!

Old Mouseketeer

Repairing the roofing finally. So after the holidays we'll be seeing a new roof installed. Yay!

Wow! It's taken them two years to budget this! That's insane. For those who don't remember, when they went to remove the diamond roof covers from the 60th Celebration to put up the snow roofs they found the temporary covers had damaged the real roof. Would that have been September 2016? After holiday, as a stop-gap they had to repair the diamond roof sections that had been damaged during removal (they weren't planned to ever be reinstalled) and put them back up.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Wow! It's taken them two years to budget this! That's insane. For those who don't remember, when they went to remove the diamond roof covers from the 60th Celebration to put up the snow roofs they found the temporary covers had damaged the real roof. Would that have been September 2016? After holiday, as a stop-gap they had to repair the diamond roof sections that had been damaged during removal (they weren't planned to ever be reinstalled) and put them back up.

I don't know if it took two years to budget it, but it has taken two years to actually fix it. I assume it was something they felt wasn't as important as other fixes, since the diamond roof looked presentable, so the can got kicked down the road.

And for some reason I vaguely remember a discussion about how Splash had a cost overrun during one of its recent refurbs. And that the budget to fix the castle went into that instead, so again it got kicked down the road.

TP2000

Thank you, I always appreciate when folks recall what happened and when. I had forgotten those details, but remember that drama now.

That said, I must be the only one who doesn't notice the Castle roofs are in bad shape, or the wrong color tone. It looks good to me whenever I walk past it or through it. But I'm glad they are taking care of it for the long term. Likely there's a bunch of aesthetic stuff like this they will be doing parkwide this winter to get ready for Summer '19 and all the media attention.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
And for some reason I vaguely remember a discussion about how Splash had a cost overrun during one of its recent refurbs. And that the budget to fix the castle went into that instead, so again it got kicked down the road.

It still baffles me that more than half the time I ride Splash Mountain, the boat with the dog in it doesn't spin, and brer rabbit on the handcar doesn't move.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It still baffles me that more than half the time I ride Splash Mountain, the boat with the dog in it doesn't spin, and brer rabbit on the handcar doesn't move.

Its what happens when you have a 30+ year old attraction and newer CAL/OSHA regulations. Hopefully the recent refurb fixed a lot of the fall protection stuff that will allow them to keep the AAs running better.

BasiltheBatLord

I don’t think I’ve gone through Splash at DL anytime in the past 7 years without at least one thing being broken.

In fact one time I rode it and literally everything was broken. Here’s the video I took of it for posterity:

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I don’t think I’ve gone through Splash at DL anytime in the past 7 years without at least one thing being broken.

In fact one time I rode it and literally everything was broken. Here’s the video I took of it for posterity:

That's crazy! I wonder if a fuse or switch had broken somewhere.

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-05253 Disney - North Service Area / Building 500 2019 Refurbishment - Non-Residential Construction: 472 sq.ft to extend storage area for head cart. Tenant Improvement 31,867 sq.ft storage workshop,office spaces, and upgrades to existing restrooms.

BLD2018-05256 Disney - BOH - Show Overhauld Bldg 9073 - Non-Residential Construction: 195 sq.ft to create a new elevator and machine room. 645 sq.ft new platform for HVAC units, new exterior stair. Change of use from (S to B occupancy) to 660 sq.ft for new office space and 5,304 sq.ft change of occupancy from (B to S occupancy) to create custome storage, laundry room, lockers, shower. 35,211 sq.ft renovate existing B occupancy.

BLD2018-05268 DCA - Hollywoodland - New Years 2018 - Miscellaneous: Temporary installation of (2) truss towers and platform. (installation date 12-26-2018, removal 1-3-2019)

BLD2018-05269 Disney - Main Streen and Small World - New Years 2018 - Miscellaneous: Temporary installation of (2) platforms, (1) truss arches and (2) truss towers. (installation date 12-26-2018, removal 1-3-2019)

BLD2018-05270 DTD - Building D/unit101 - Tenant Improvement: 1,064 sq.ft patio canopy to existing dining area "Black Tap". REF:BLD2018-03521

Old Mouseketeer

. . . .

BLD2018-05256 Disney - BOH - Show Overhauld Bldg 9073 - Non-Residential Construction: 195 sq.ft to create a new elevator and machine room. 645 sq.ft new platform for HVAC units, new exterior stair. Change of use from (S to B occupancy) to 660 sq.ft for new office space and 5,304 sq.ft change of occupancy from (B to S occupancy) to create custome storage, laundry room, lockers, shower. 35,211 sq.ft renovate existing B occupancy.
. . . .

This should be interesting. I'm going to be reaching out to some of my Bothans. I don't have much understanding of DL Resort building numbers. This could be the redevelopment of the Staff Shops to vacate the Entertainment Building behind ToonTown. Wow!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This should be interesting. I'm going to be reaching out to some of my Bothans. I don't have much understanding of DL Resort building numbers. This could be the redevelopment of the Staff Shops to vacate the Entertainment Building behind ToonTown. Wow!

That is interesting. So it does seem they actually have a plan to move more of the BOH offsite. Hopefully there is further moved offsite to gain more space for further expansion. I'm still in-favor of moving TDA offsite.... ;)

SSG

Original Poster
BLD2018-05318 Mickey and Friends - Non Residential Addtion: New 5 level elevator shaft, 450 sq.ft deck and 200 sq.ft machine room less adjacent to cleo parking structure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom