2020-Gaming discussion

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Today begins the only gaming media event that matters...
B1F4777E-EF22-4734-8F3B-C60895EF5761.jpeg

dieboy

FO76, been watching on Twitch, looks about a fun as this trash can sitting next to me. Disappointed, feels like it was something that should have been included with FO4. Nothing like horrendously re-used assets from an older game, etc. Also, the PVP is garbage.

COD, looks fun, been watching some folks play it here and there, but a bit to many gadgets for my liking ..

BF V, played beta, feels good, like old BF games. The beta was very well polished in it the state it was in. Maps look pretty nice.

Still play ..
PUGB - I don't know why I put myself through this crap show of a desync fest. I lost my duo partner to him having a kid about six months ago, and it just doesn't do anything for me in solos. Randoms are well .. meh.

FC5, dang, i find myself keep going back .. just to putz around and shoot at stuff and waste time. It still fun for that IMO, played through a few times now.

Rising Storm 2 Nam`, we play that on a friends stream on weekend nights, squad up with a bunch of friends and head into the meat grinder.. The games a year old .. but meh, servers are still absolutely packed. However, voice chat can get wildly toxic, we just stay on discord.

War Thunder, another fun stream with friends game. They added battleships .. i should probably play a bit and check it out.

D3, on my laptop on the couch, to waste time.
___

Right now, I'm kind of looking forward to BF V the most I think..

And on a side note .. $()$(*)$@*)@$* YOU ROCKSTAR STUDIOS FOR NOT GIVING ME A RED DEAD 2 FOR PC!

:) That is all ;)

erasure fan1

FO76, been watching on Twitch, looks about a fun as this trash can sitting next to me. Disappointed, feels like it was something that should have been included with FO4. Nothing like horrendously re-used assets from an older game, etc. Also, the PVP is garbage.
Yea, 76 doesn't really seem all that interesting to me either. I felt the same way with elder scrolls online as well. They should stick to the single player formula. If they want to add online, throw in drop in drop out co-op. And I do think red dead 2 will show up on pc. It will be well after the online portion come online but I think its coming eventually.

erasure fan1

How about that Diablo Immortal. You would think they would take a lesson from EA’s Command & Conquer E3 blunder.

An event like that is not how you announce a mobile game. You announce a mobile game on a random day on twitter or something. Or at an event where mobile announcements are expected.
You would think that by now, these companies would realize that the core gamer doesn't give a rats butt about a mobile game. Especially not as an announcement at a major event.

Mike S

You would think that by now, these companies would realize that the core gamer doesn't give a rats butt about a mobile game. Especially not as an announcement at a major event.
Nintendo is one that gets it. They’ve only first announced their mobile games at investors meetings then later have a dedicated Direct so people already know “ok, I don’t have to watch it if I don’t care.” Mario Run’s announcement at an iPhone event was brilliant because it catered directly to that audience.

I think Sony and Microsoft have also never wasted major event time on mobile stuff. Seems to be a problem exclusive to the big third party publishers though idk about Ubisoft.

Johnny Three-hats

erasure fan1

I think Sony and Microsoft have also never wasted major event time on mobile stuff.
True, they haven't from a mobile standpoint but from a casual stanpoint they are both guilty with motion control that core gamers wanted no part of at an E3. I know there is money in the casual/mobile game market but the people spending that money arent watching these gaming events. Blizzard should have taken a page from Microsoft. At E3 they revealed Gears pop and the audience went from crazy to meh in about 10 seconds. And then it was quick into, ok, heres gears 5! Crowd back to loosing there minds. You gotta wonder how Blizzard didn't see the backlash coming.

dieboy

Yea, 76 doesn't really seem all that interesting to me either. I felt the same way with elder scrolls online as well. They should stick to the single player formula. If they want to add online, throw in drop in drop out co-op. And I do think red dead 2 will show up on pc. It will be well after the online portion come online but I think its coming eventually.

Yes, I have no idea how the pleas to add simply co-op to the game, turned into a full blown, PVP game with no NPC characters really, etc etc. There is a reason a single player game sold as much as it did with FO4. Sure the market is saturated with PVP games, but honestly ALLOT of people are still looking for that one good single player game. Hence the good sales on FO4. I've watched a bit more on Twitch and can confirm, pile of trash.

My thoughts on Red Dead, are, Rockstar is closely watching the fall off from GTAV during this time period, and will most likely decide to port it to PC if enough interest is lost in GTAV. Kind of a once the money dries up thing .. they will realize what a huge base PC for GTAV has. My guess, is approx six months out we will see a PC port either released or announced. The game still looks spectacular. :\ :\

Another one I have been watching is World War 3. I'm kinda into the FPS shooters .. for a alpha essentially, it looks very promising. The only thing I worry about is the production studio for it is kind of a mish mash side project for dev's that work for other companies. Worry a bit it will loose steam :\.

This whole D4 crap .. love D3, have it on my laptop, still play it when i'm bored on the couch. Has Blizzard said, 'we are making D4, it is nearing completion or being heavily worked on'?? I honestly have not been keeping up with D4, because if anyone rode the D2 and D3 ride .. Blizzard basically went about their stuff, and then eventually cranked one out. They had little regard for the hype both of those releases caused. I doubt they will for D4 either. I've learned over upwards of 25 years gaming, Blizzard does what it wants, when it wants. Should not come as big surprise or even a debatable topic.

Cheers ... AAA games are pouring out his holiday season! Post some reviews folks, likes/dislikes!

Voxel

President of Progress City
This whole D4 crap .. love D3, have it on my laptop, still play it when i'm bored on the couch. Has Blizzard said, 'we are making D4, it is nearing completion or being heavily worked on'?? I honestly have not been keeping up with D4, because if anyone rode the D2 and D3 ride .. Blizzard basically went about their stuff, and then eventually cranked one out. They had little regard for the hype both of those releases caused. I doubt they will for D4 either. I've learned over upwards of 25 years gaming, Blizzard does what it wants, when it wants. Should not come as big surprise or even a debatable topic.

Sadly Blizzard is not Blizzard anymore... They are owned by Activision and probably receiving the same treatment that EA gives Bioware.

dieboy

Sadly Blizzard is not Blizzard anymore... They are owned by Activision and probably receiving the same treatment that EA gives Bioware.

Well yes, point. Same goes for DICE and basically all the smaller dev houses.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

As much as I defend the ROM industry for retro games I understand the case. They were silly using Nintendo IP like that to advertise their site.
I don't defend the rom industry but on the same page I see why it exists. This will in no way stop roms, it probably won't even really slow it down. The cat and mouse game will continue.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I don't defend the rom industry but on the same page I see why it exists. This will in no way stop roms, it probably won't even really slow it down. The cat and mouse game will continue.
Honestly, I don't think this was as much of an attack on the ROM industry as we think because Nintendo didn't go after any of the other sites. The only difference was this site used Images of Nintendo Characters and Artwork on EVERY Page and had ads that generated money from those..

But I agree the ROM industry will never end. Most older developers support it, they just have issues with the attempts to profiteer from the Rom industry.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
So who's taken advantage of the digital black friday sales? I ended up buying Disney Afternoon Collection, Overwatch and WWE 2K19 on the One.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom