2020-Gaming discussion

erasure fan1

Considering that the majority of the games have been Playstation exclusive.........
That's the point. They have all been on Playstation aside from a DS & GBA game. So the question is why release a sequel, on a platform, thats never had your games, and not port over the compilation? It won't cost you much and you might sell A LOT more copies of KH3 if people who never got to play the originals get to invest in the story. So either Square is extremely stupid, or Sony bought them out knowing that not having the compilation will hurt xbox.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Blizzcon in less than a month with Diablo being the first presentation.

Anyone want to bet the big news is Diablo 4? They really can’t offer another expansion for D3 since that game is not only old it’s pretty barren now.

I’m also curious where the future of Overwatch is headed considering it also is in a funk and the growing epically toxic players are killing the game. It needs a refresh.

Sharon&Susan

Ahead of the kingdom hearts 3 release, Square is releasing a compilation that has 9 kingdom hearts games called the story so far. Sounds great, except its only PS4. If anything, this should be only Xbox as they have NEVER had a kingdom Hearts game. I've never liked Square, and this is the kind of nonsense why. I really hope KH3 has nothing to do with 1 or 2 and has a pretty stand alone story. Or the xbox version better have a great story intro to catch people up. If you want to be multi system with a series, it's just bad business to ignore one of them and make them watch you tube vids to figure out whats going on. Unless the game gets 10s, I think I'll skip it.
While I don’t think it’ll be released at the same time as the PS4 compilation disk, I think all (or most) of the previous KH games will get released on XBOX and Switch within the next year (all sold separately).

Jahona

I know.

It’s still very weird that digital purchases even cost that much though.
I partially blame the Wargaming model. Their games may be free to play but their premium ships can cost 50+ for high tier vehicles. Warthunder isn't really any better.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
The thing with D4 is what can they announce for it that is in anyway different to D3

Don't know but a guy with a great track record for spoiling Blizzard news just confirmed Diablo 4 for Blizzcon. Not much of a stretch considering its leading off the event...This clowns real rumor is another expansion for D3 because D4 is a long ways away but I guess we will have to wait and see.

erasure fan1

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. On the surface, it seems like a head scratcher. "You can play all the 2d games you want on the current systems." Thats true, but this cost and simplicity can fill a need that Sony or Microsoft can't fill. Nintendo is close but the switch cost is very high. I still have all of my systems hooked up and my kids have loved playing the retro games. The key for this is what 3rd party devs can they get. Software sells systems. Period. I have a friend working on this system so I'm watching it pretty closely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom