BoardWalk Carousel

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Many of you are aware that the carousel model in the BoardWalk Inn comes to life to the soundtrack of “Fantasy in the Sky.” What turns it on though? I’ve been lucky enough to see it myself but I’d love for my kids to. Is it every hour, on the hour like the geyser at Wilderness Lodge or is there a switch?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Thanks...anniversary there starting today. I can surprise her --- we've missed it every time.
Hope I don't ruin it with incorrect information! If my idea doesn't work, surprise her with the opportunity to sit in those creepy chairs by the fireplace.
fireplace-1024x680.jpeg

crbrown25

I was there 2 weeks ago. My kids and i were looking at it for the hidden Mickeys when the guy behind the DVC sales counter in the corner of the lobby started talking to us about it. It started up at that moment. So either the button is behind the DVC sales counter, or it was just a coincidence. Or both. Or neither.

Club Cooloholic

I visited the Boardwalk In. about 12 years ago. Just to have a look around. It was kinda cool but I couldn't help but wish it had an actual carousel...ya know just a little one with a few horses even :)

Really apologize for delay in answering...it was great. We booked club level again, and for us it was perfect. We were two rooms down from the lounge, so it was an easy stroll to get a cuppa, a nightcap, a snack. We watched the fireworks from the balcony at night, and enjoyed leisurely (and abundant) breafasts of salmon, cream cheese, oatmeal, pastries, fruit---pretty much everything. I think there might've even been waffles. The tuna tartare one night was incredible. The rooms are a nice size. We looked out on the interior courtyard, by the 'quiet pool'---and it was. Our only problem was finding a parking space. Seemed like half of the spaces are now reserved for valet parking. So a quick trip over to Disney Springs meant losing your space and parking even farther away, or taking a bus. The hotel itself is great. Perfect location. The boats are convenient and pleasant. One night we had a late dinner at the Yachtsman across the pond and had to walk back because the boats had stopped running. It turned out to be one of the nicest memories of the trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom