Be Our Guest now serving Alcohol for Breakfast/Lunch

geekza

::looks around:: welp no one has said it so here goes...it's not what Walt would've wanted!!!

::walks out::
I mean, you're not wrong. He canceled a planned indoor park in St. Louis because the civic leaders there were insisting that beer be offered. Honestly, modern Disney loves to use Walt almost like a marketing tool, but the days are long gone when any thought about what Walt wanted mattered to them.

disneygeek90

$10.00 for a mimosa?! :oops: There is a place downtown where you can have bottomless mimosas for that amount!! And you know since its Disney the amount of champagne will be so minuscule it might as well be $10 orange juice.
The little café in Morroco in Epcot... Wow. Every single time I go there and order a champagne it is practically a syringe amount of OJ, 99% champagne. Time and time again, no matter who is there it's the same thing. If I ever need a mimosa in Epcot, that's the only place I'll go.

Missing20K

We are heading down in a few weeks and were just doing the advance ordering on a couple of BOG reservations and it looks like they don't include the alcohol options for the DDP at least on the pre order page... You can add them but they are in addition to the drink they force you to pick with your meal selection e.g., pop, hot beverage, bottle of water, choc milk...

I know I'm catching up after a long break from WDW (but not Disney Parks, funny how that works) and can you seriously pre-order your meal now? So two months beforehand I can decide if I want chicken or fish?

I guess WDW is where spontaneity went to die. :banghead:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Let's see... a 6-pack of Stella in my local Kroger is currently running about $9. A single bottle of Stella at BOG is $10. Seems legit. :rolleyes:
I have this "argument" with my friends everytime we buy an $8 beer at the local bar. I can buy a 6 packs of the same beer for 10 bucks plus get your Kroger Fuel Points but only get a pint for slightly less than that. Alcohol has one of the largest mark-up's anywhere.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Alcohol is bad enough in the open air bar of EPCOT and don't-know-what-to-to-with-it-so-make-it-a-bar-too DHS.

I can't begin to fathom what happens if they throw in alcohol into that MK mix of crazies, stressed out warrior parents and overcrowding.

Welcome to the real world where you cant enforce public conduct. They've got security checkpoints, but they've never checked for sanity, character, or civility.

Tony the Tigger

Schoferhofer for breakfast? Yes, please.

Do I have to eat?

I'm not going to lie, my wife and I bring a $8.00 bottle of champagne with us from home and a 1.00 bottle of OJ and make our own mimosas in our room. Maybe it's not as classy as BOG but on days we aren't going to the parks, it hits the spot.

We bring a bottle of Crown for “warm ups” before the parks.

As the slope slips...

Give it a year or two, its coming.

Promise?

Tom P.

::looks around:: welp no one has said it so here goes...it's not what Walt would've wanted!!!

::walks out::
Remember, Bob Iger said it's okay to go against what Walt explicitly said about alcohol in the parks because Walt himself drank alcohol. So problem solved.

In all seriousness, I know that we often get hung up "what would Walt think of this" kind of debates. And in most cases, it's just all idle speculation with no possible real answers. But these isn't speculation. It isn't a "what if." This is a specific issue that Walt himself dealt with, made a decision about, and is on record about. He did not think alcohol should be served in his theme park.

Are the leaders of the company bound to honor that today? No, of course not. But of all the "this isn't what Walt would have wanted" arguments that come up, I think this one is at least the most solid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom