Flight of Passage Changes

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Original Poster
Two things:

Preshow video has changed. The section where there is a “problem encountered” with the matching system and the “standby system” is activated “quickly” has been cut. At the end of the video you now have a 15 second countdown to unlock the door to the next preshow room.

Second thing is the vibration feedback in the link chairs seems to have been turned off. I rode it twice (same theater) and both times during the initial linking where the chair previously provided the vibrations, it no longer did so.

disneygeek90

Two things:

Preshow video has changed. The section where there is a “problem encountered” with the matching system and the “standby system” is activated “quickly” has been cut. At the end of the video you now have a 15 second countdown to unlock the door to the next preshow room.

Second thing is the vibration feedback in the link chairs seems to have been turned off. I rode it twice (same theater) and both times during the initial linking where the chair previously provided the vibrations, it no longer did so.
I may be incorrect, but I think the "standby" screen shows for an amount of time if there's any sort of delay in the rooms in front, in order to pace with the timing of the ride ahead of you. If everything is running smoothly it pretty much skips it.

Last time my chair did not vibrate either, but I think others were. Not 100% but it seems that issue may be isolated to individual chairs rather than the entire group, but that's speculation.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Original Poster
I may be incorrect, but I think the "standby" screen shows for an amount of time if there's any sort of delay in the rooms in front, in order to pace with the timing of the ride ahead of you. If everything is running smoothly it pretty much skips it.

Last time my chair did not vibrate either, but I think others were. Not 100% but it seems that issue may be isolated to individual chairs rather than the entire group, but that's speculation.

It’s possible, I’ve ridden it so many times, it’s the first time it displayed. With the chairs I thought the same thing the first time I rode, but it was the same experience today in a different group of link chairs. Also you can usually hear the vibration motors go when the effect activates.

GlacierGlacier

Additionally, the vibration in the link chairs isn't the same from theater to theater. Some have it, some do not.

On opening day, the first and second theater I rode in didn't have it. Every time after that (excluding the second tovmost recent) the theaters I was in had it functional.

And the preshows are dynamic. Opening day had no buffer, no "decontamination" or "recalibration." Just scanning then right into the next room. They add or remove bits based upon the group ahead of you's progress.

Kman101

Two things:

I'm good with both of these changes personally. I was actually just thinking the other day I wasn't a fan of the vibration and it took me out of the ride. I knew it was a vehicle making noise. Nothing about it felt like a breathing banshee, IMO.

GlacierGlacier

I'm good with both of these changes personally. I was actually just thinking the other day I wasn't a fan of the vibration and it took me out of the ride. I knew it was a vehicle making noise. Nothing about it felt like a breathing banshee, IMO.
The vibration he's talking about is before the ride starts, during the load sequence after restraints activate.

On-ride effects are still operational, with only slight variations between theaters.

Kman101

The vibration he's talking about is before the ride starts, during the load sequence after restraints activate.

On-ride effects are still operational, with only slight variations between theaters.

OK. Thanks. I don't even remember that one so no big loss to me. :joyfull:

Driver

To sum it all up, the pre show parts that you see one time and not the next are a way of buying time. Some people may need just a little extra time exiting or transferring. Someone using an ECV is an example. The show start is for the group if some parts of them are not ready the pre show can buy time. I lost count of how many times I've been but I have experienced a few variations. This is part of the immersion you are part of the story one way or another.

Bairstow

I like that the preshow elements can scale and program dynamically, but I'm not especially partial to the preshow on the whole, particularly the acting therein. Whether it was the performance or the direction, the tone just strikes me as oddly awkward, but not in a natural way, and it doesn't serve to build excitement for the ride proper. I wouldn't mind at all if much of it were replaced.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I like that the preshow elements can scale and program dynamically, but I'm not especially partial to the preshow on the whole, particularly the acting therein. Whether it was the performance or the direction, the tone just strikes me as oddly awkward, but not in a natural way, and it doesn't serve to build excitement for the ride proper. I wouldn't mind at all if much of it were replaced.
The preshow is a beating once you've been on it 8-10 times.
Slight knock here...But, doesn't thay guy in the preshow say "Uh!" Alot..

The pre ride video guy seems like he took Ambien and is fighting it to stay awake. And the whole "move around a bit" routine is just silly considering that they have the technology to transfer your conscious mind into an alien body, yet they havent perfected the cameras that detect your movement.

JoMarch

I was in WDW in late August/early September. I've been on FOP multiple times last year and in early June. In August, I swear they cut the very beginning off of the actual ride. Like the film starts a bit into the original film. Even the music score seemed to just start. Maybe they shortened the ride to allow more guests per day?

In general, I find the pre-show film awkward to watch. Also, I believe each floor has a slightly longer or shorter pre-show film to allow everyone to get on the actual ride at the same time....possibly allowing people going to the upper levels some "stair climbing" time.

Cmdr_Crimson

The pre ride video guy seems like he took Ambien and is fighting it to stay awake. And the whole "move around a bit" routine is just silly considering that they have the technology to transfer your conscious mind into an alien body, yet they havent perfected the cameras that detect your movement.

He's Uh...Been Uh...Studying! Studying Uh under the Uh...Jeff.....Jeff Goldblum school...School of Uh...Uh Acting...................Uh....
MV5BZjQ5MDZlYTItNWExNi00MDVmLWI2ODMtZTllY2QzNjk1ZmFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzUxODA4MzI@._V1_.jpg

Case in point learn it and impress uh your um friends....Ah!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The chairs were tickling Weds and Thurs...

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If the attraction and it's pre-show was analog with linked elements that would be plausible, but having ridden FoP over 12 times with my DW in one of two theater pods (she uses an ECV ) lower two right we've encountered many variations. Parasites, no parasites, system reboots, all with the same guy who needs a shave and a better script.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom