New Fastpass Scanners

NateD1226

Original Poster
There are new Fastpass scanners!

fastpass.jpeg

(https://*****.com/2018/09/photos-disneyland-introduces-new-fastpass-scanners-that-combat-sunshine/)

mickEblu

I do typically see a bit of a line on that ride, but not enough to warrant fast pass. Maybe disney just wants more people riding it since it's a walt classic? IDK.

I think it Just made sense for them since they have the infrastructure (scanners/ FP machines) for Its a Small World Holiday which does see very long lines. It’s also way to add another family friendly ride to their MaxPass/ FP roster which consists of mostly thrill rides.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Forgetting the whole debate on whether FP is needed on Small World or the rest of the park, I actually like the style of it. It looks like it was meant for Small World.

I kinda hope the rest of them get updated and themed a bit.

Nonsuch

It looks just like the scanner that Shanghai Disneyland installed last year.
When I visited Shanghai this past March, it seemed everyone used their phones to redeem fastpasses.
Booking fastpass on the park app (like maxpass) is free in Shanghai, so the old fastpass dispensers were unused (it seemed most were left covered all day). Rather than up-sell maxpass, Shanghai sells individual fastpasses valid anytime (or a bundle for all fastpass attractions). Fastpass for Pirates is pay only!

GingerGirl3

I don’t understand the FP hate. I hate the IASW line because it’s full sun. It was great in August using MP for it. MP is so much better for maximizing time and minimizing kid whining.

lazyboy97o

Definitely if you are waiting in line but obviously not with MP. It’s a much better experience with MP. I hate paying extra for it but it allows us to get more out of our expensive tickets.
Even if you are using MaxPass you are making the park experience worse. FastPass is a key component to Disney’s desire to not build attractions (because Paul Pressler didn’t understand why people are so focused on them) and drive down attractions per guest per hour. The parks were designed with the intent of people being in queue and not FastPass is nothing more than a con that gets people to accept being crowded and doing less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom