Zootopia Coming To Shanghai

GiveMeTheMusic

Zootopia doesn't actually fit the theme of DAK, which is the relationship between man and nature. Zootopia is a human-free environment, and if Rohde has any say, it won't ever be built in DAK.

DHS and MK would be much better places to build a Zootopia expansion in WDW.

That said, it's not on the table for WDW right now at any park.

TwilightZone

Zootopia doesn't actually fit the theme of DAK, which is the relationship between man and nature. Zootopia is a human-free environment, and if Rohde has any say, it won't ever be built in DAK.

DHS and MK would be much better places to build a Zootopia expansion in WDW.

That said, it's not on the table for WDW right now at any park.
Even epcot would be better as a the land expansion/ replacement because of zootopia's ecosystems.

Sharon&Susan

Not to burst any bubbles, but anytime that I have heard “Zootopia” and “Walt Disney World” in a sentence about a potential expansion was one god awful blue sky proposal that was thrown out and a slightly more permanent meet and greet. Heck, even Nick and Judy will be special event only soon.
Let me guess, Zootopia didn’t sell enough toys?

The Visionary Soul

Does this Shanghai rumour hold weight though? Or do you not typically hear about Shanghai.
Shanghai is happening, pending some natural disaster or war.

Zootopia doesn’t fit in Animal Kingdom. In the US, it has a much better chance of being shoehorned into an existing place, like how Pixar took over Paradise Pier. Likely candidates for that are Epcot or Hollywood Studios. It also could work as replacement decorations for Conservation Station... which is really the only way I see it materializing in Animal Kingdom. So please, stop with the fully immersive land idea for Animal Kingdom. It just doesn’t make sense.

NickWilde

Zootopia doesn’t fit in Animal Kingdom. In the US, it has a much better chance of being shoehorned into an existing place, like how Pixar took over Paradise Pier. Likely candidates for that are Epcot or Hollywood Studios. It also could work as replacement decorations for Conservation Station... which is really the only way I see it materializing in Animal Kingdom. So please, stop with the fully immersive land idea for Animal Kingdom. It just doesn’t make sense.
That’s just your opinion. I’m not bashing it or anything, but it’s not 100% fact. The idea of Zootopia not fitting into DAK is relative, with some (like you) thinking it wouldn’t fit at all, and others (like me and @Zootopia Dude ) thinking it could, under the right circumstances. And while I would like for Zootopia to get it’s own land, it doesn’t have to be in DAK, and I would also be perfectly fine with just an attraction + M&G. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

The Visionary Soul

That’s just your opinion. I’m not bashing it or anything, but it’s not 100% fact. The idea of Zootopia not fitting into DAK is relative, with some (like you) thinking it wouldn’t fit at all, and others (like me and @Zootopia Dude ) thinking it could, under the right circumstances. And while I would like for Zootopia to get it’s own land, it doesn’t have to be in DAK, and I would also be perfectly fine with just an attraction + M&G. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.
It's not my opinion. It's actually fact-based... on the academic concepts and deep themes that exist in Animal Kingdom's DNA. You should talk to Joe Rohde and maybe he can explain it to you so you understand why things like Zootopia don't belong in Animal Kingdom proper. (Conservation Station is, for practical thematic purposes, outside the park)

Disney Maddux

It's not my opinion. It's actually fact-based... on the academic concepts and deep themes that exist in Animal Kingdom's DNA. You should talk to Joe Rohde and maybe he can explain it to you so you understand why things like Zootopia don't belong in Animal Kingdom proper. (Conservation Station is, for practical thematic purposes, outside the park)
1. So... You're one of those people that treats their opinion as fact?

2. With some alteration, Zootopia could easily fit in DAK.

Timothy_Q

1. So... You're one of those people that treats their opinion as fact?

2. With some alteration, Zootopia could easily fit in DAK.
Stating the theme of a park is not an opinion.
Especially the ones that have it clearly spelled out for us and still manage to adhere to said theme.

Now, I love Zootopia, and I totally agree that it would make a great land, if done on the same scale and attention to detail as Cars Land.

BUT

The land should not go into DAK, as many people have said before, it doesn't work with the theme of the park.
DAK = Relationship between humans and nature (conservation issues)
Zootopia = Relationship between humans and humans (social issues)

I'd put the land at DHS, a park that has moved away from its original theme of making movies/music/tv, and is now just a standard catch-all "ride the movies" theme.

NickWilde

First off, don’t treat your opinion like fact. It makes you come off as obnoxious. And I agree that Zootopia wouldn’t really fit well in most of the park: The only place that it would work is where RPW is right now due to its isolation. As I already said, I’d be just as happy if it was it was in DHS instead, but I feel it would “fit” the most in that part of DAK, but not the rest of it. (It would feel severely out of place if in any other section of the park, like the UP show in Asia) Why shouldn’t we have a land of anthropomorphic animals in a park dedicated to animals? Plus with the addition of Pandora it’s proven that IPs can fit into DAK. And it’s just a rumor. Rumors are not always fact.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
Just give up. They'll never get it.

(Sigh)

BrianLo

Thank you. :)

So many insiders just did a drive by in this thread to tell everyone it is not happening in WDW that I actually was trying to orient the thread to its stated purpose. I literally forgot about this thread/rumour until you came back in!

Can our resident Zootopia fans please just leave DAK out of this thread and celebrate that a land is actually planned for one of Disney's resorts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom