Test track closed?

SRQtech

Original Poster
I’m at Epcot for food and wine and test track has been closed all morning. To make things odd, there are a ton of cast members around the paths surrounding the front of the building. Heading from Mexico to mission space we were told we had to go around using the main path and that the front area of test track was closed due to unforeseen technical difficulties. Does anyone know why not just the ride but also the area around the ride would be blocked off?

Scuttle

I’m at Epcot for food and wine and test track has been closed all morning. To make things odd, there are a ton of cast members around the paths surrounding the front of the building. Heading from Mexico to mission space we were told we had to go around using the main path and that the front area of test track was closed due to unforeseen technical difficulties. Does anyone know why not just the ride but also the area around the ride would be blocked off?
Sounds extreme but maybe some sort of structural failure. Maybe an issue with the entrance track support beams?

Scuttle

There’s several less extreme situations that it more likely could have been.
Agreed.... I’ve never really recalled them closing the entire main entrance though.

Could be something as simple as a rider lost something on the main turn and it landed around the main entrance.

Chef Mickey

The always have Cast Members in front directing people away when it's closed. Happened when I was there.

It's fine, it's just down.

wdwfan22

The always have Cast Members in front directing people away when it's closed. Happened when I was there.

It's fine, it's just down.

They don’t block pathways when the attraction is down. They just state the ride is down. Most likely the area was being used for an event

SRQtech

Original Poster
The thing I found odd was that they weren’t under the main entrance near the que telling people it was closed, they were at all of the paths leading to the ride. When I asked if I could cut thru to mission space they said I could not at this time and the area is closed due to unforeseen technical issues.

The Mighty Tim

This is interesting. We were able to get to the shop at a little after 10am, but by the time we left the park around 1pm, the CM perimeter had been extended.

LinH

LinH

We had a FP for 1130 and arrived at 1155 to a full on evacuation of the building in progress and lots of cast members with radios running towards the building. People leaving were told to “leave the building for their safety”. All the while cars were zooming around the track. I saw no indication of damage to the track or supports. Earlier in the day we were going to try single rider, but the cast member said they were “down due to a stopped car on the track”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom