Pixar Pals Parking Structure Specifics/Updates

mickEblu

DLR has been short on parking for a decade or more. So justification for Cleo isn't based on SW:GE alone. Its based on the fact that crowd levels have been peaking every year for the passed decade.

However the fact they are going at a breakneck pace is based on SW:GE.

Cleo is just the replacement for the on-hold EGW project. But additional parking structures have been on the Master Plan since the 90s, Disney just never executed on it. Darkbeer can provide more context on that if you need further info.

I can’t wait for 2021 when crowds will level off and we’ll get to enjoy the new capacity SWL will bring as well as the easier parking situation with Cleo.

mickEblu

Well if the MCU continues to make bank, and the attractions are done right, it will....

By the time ride opens up the 2020 phase 1 will be old news. So the buzz will be around the one ride - the Avengers Coaster... which will probably have a decent height requirement. I think it ll definitely be exciting but not a huge event. In other words, I don’t think it’ll will make people want to become APs or have tourists scheduling flights. APs May just go to DCA more for 6-12 months after it opens. Which is good and kind of the point.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
By the time ride opens up the 2020 phase 1 will be old news. So the buzz will be around the one ride - the Avengers Coaster... which will probably have a decent height requirement. I think it ll definitely be exciting but not a huge event. In other words, I don’t think it’ll will make people want to become APs or have tourists scheduling flights. APs May just go to DCA more for 6-12 months after it opens. Which is good and kind of the point.

You could be right, who knows. Until we get more solid info on the future of "the world of super heros" land we can only guess.

Darkbeer1

Look, we have been getting "Parking is Full" for the Theme Parks on a regular basis now. Cast Members kicked out of the Katella CM lot for more guest parking. A good average amount needed TODAY is 10,000 more spaces for guests, CM's and vendor parking (such as construction workers). So we are adding about 6,000 more next year, hopefully. Sounds like SW:GE will open before Cleo.....

So where do all these "new" guests and additional CM's hired coming due to SW:GE and Super Hero Land park?

mickEblu

Look, we have been getting "Parking is Full" for the Theme Parks on a regular basis now. Cast Members kicked out of the Katella CM lot for more guest parking. A good average amount needed TODAY is 10,000 more spaces for guests, CM's and vendor parking (such as construction workers). So we are adding about 6,000 more next year, hopefully. Sounds like SW:GE will open before Cleo.....

So where do all these "new" guests and additional CM's hired coming due to SW:GE and Super Hero Land park?

Of all my visits to DLR I have only been denied parking at Mickey n Friends once and was routed to the Simba lot. We get there at various times throughout the day throughout the year. Do I just pick good days?

TP2000

Lol. Really? That’s good news but wouldn’t that mean they would need to break ground like yesterday?

I'm just kidding! But technically, they just closed Bug's Land today and if bulldozers moved in next month they would make it by 2021.

Judging by how Cars Land and Star Wars Land has gone, it takes about 32 to 34 months from bulldozers to splashy grand opening for any modern E Ticket and/or attached "land" with shops, restaurants, C Ticket spinners, etc.

mickEblu

I'm just kidding! But technically, they just closed Bug's Land today and if bulldozers moved in next month they would make it by 2021.

Judging by how Cars Land and Star Wars Land has gone, it takes about 32 to 34 months from bulldozers to splashy grand opening for any modern E Ticket and/or attached "land" with shops, restaurants, C Ticket spinners, etc.

Lol shoot I was hoping the neighbor lady had some good news.

Stevek

It's crazy how often, even in mid-week, the M&F lot is closing regularly.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
I'm not saying Disney doesn't clearly need the additional parking, but I have NEVER encountered a full M&F parking lot. Ever. Even on a day when Disneyland was "closed" to new guests at noon. I still got parking there.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm not saying Disney doesn't clearly need the additional parking, but I have NEVER encountered a full M&F parking lot. Ever. Even on a day when Disneyland was "closed" to new guests at noon. I still got parking there.

You've just gotten really lucky, it could also be due to when you go. I've been redirected many times to alternative lots because APD has it blocked off due to it being full.

This is common:

78DF42C1-8512-4E5B-9407-A9F06125BBE1.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom