-2.3 million sq ft.
-$100 million price (estimate)
-6,500 parking spaces (approx.)
-88.8k sq ft. transportation terminal
-5.1k sq ft of office and restroom facilities

Opening Date:
-Early/Mid 2019

Permit filing:
“Disney – Cleo parking structure – new commercial parking structure: 6 story 2, 320, 880 s.ft parking structure and 5, 120 s.ft (b occ) core/shell office/restrooms and 88, 832 s.ft (a2 occ) transportation terminals with new utilities to feed building. 14, 000 s.ft (18) canopies. (91) light poles on roof.”

Feel free to share any photo/video updates you come across!

Here's the latest video (8/24) from SILA:

For a lot of photos, here's an update from Westcoaster:
https://www.westcoaster.net/home/2018/8/27/disneyland-resort-update-mystery-of-the-haunted-non-hotel

Last edited:

mm121

Definitely look forward to a new video next week since she took this weekend off for the holiday.

It's good they don't have a live stream of the construction, that could be addicting to watch.

MoonRakerSCM

This one is supposed to be the same height as Mickey and friends correct?

Also, as I've mused before, the tram system is an utter disaster as it is on it's best days, is there any hope they'll improve with DOUBLE the passenger load?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster

Also, as I've mused before, the tram system is an utter disaster as it is on it's best days, is there any hope they'll improve with DOUBLE the passenger load?
Our best guess puts its at the same height as M&F.

Also, double load will help, but also realize there will be double the amount of people. So you're likely looking at roughly the same load time.

mm121

How many do they load at one time right now?
They use to do two at a time before all the changes begin.

We haven't quite figured out where they will load from yet but hopefully they have a plan for it as it would be dumb to have a big security station to then just let crowds backup after security and before the tram.

MoonRakerSCM

That's what I mean, they'll be servicing double the people... I simply cannot see them operating more efficiently to not lead to massive backups at the park end after closing.

Phroobar

Our best guess puts its at the same height as M&F.

Also, double load will help, but also realize there will be double the amount of people. So you're likely looking at roughly the same load time.
How is there double the load? I assume they will fill one structure at a time. It will just be more painful leaving after the fireworks.

mickEblu

How will it be double? The new structure only fits 6k or so cars right compared 10k at Mickey n Friends? So it couldn’t even be double at capacity.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
How will it be double? The new structure only fits 6k or so cars right compared 10k at Mickey n Friends? So it couldn’t even be double at capacity.

I guess if all the cars with 3/4 or more people get pushed to Cleo and all the cars with only 1/2 people get pushed to M&F then it would be double.

Oh and politics...... ;):p:cool:

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
How is there double the load? I assume they will fill one structure at a time. It will just be more painful leaving after the fireworks.
OK, it might not be exactly double the amount of people, but it will surely be more than it is now. But that's my guess based also on my doubt that they're only going to utilize the Cleo structure once M&F is at full capacity.

If that were the case, in order to justify building Cleo, Disney would have to believe that SWL is going to bring M&F to capacity every single day.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I guess if all the cars with 3/4 or more people get pushed to Cleo and all the cars with only 1/2 people get pushed to M&F then it would be double.

Oh and politics...... ;):p:cool:

What do you mean 3/4 of the people? As in the possibility the cars going into Cleo have more people in them?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
OK, it might not be exactly double the amount of people, but it will surely be more than it is now. But that's my guess based also on my doubt that they're only going to utilize the Cleo structure once M&F is at full capacity.

If that were the case, Disney would have to believe that SWL is going to bring M&F to capacity every single day.

I had always assume they would load both structures at the same time depending on which lane you were in. So cars in right half of the lanes would go to M&F and cars in left half of the lanes would go into Cleo.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What do you mean 3/4 of the people? As in the possibility the cars going into Cleo have more people in them?

The number of people in the car. Its a joke. Meaning that only single or two people in car would go to M&F, and cars with 3 or more people would go to Cleo.

But again its a joke based on the double comment.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
.... in order to justify building Cleo, Disney would have to believe that SWL is going to bring M&F to capacity every single day.

DLR has been short on parking for a decade or more. So justification for Cleo isn't based on SW:GE alone. Its based on the fact that crowd levels have been peaking every year for the passed decade.

However the fact they are going at a breakneck pace is based on SW:GE.

Cleo is just the replacement for the on-hold EGW project. But additional parking structures have been on the Master Plan since the 90s, Disney just never executed on it. Darkbeer can provide more context on that if you need further info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom