Universal AP Questions

DougK

Original Poster
We are planning a trip in May 2019 for a few days at Universal Florida and we also plan to be going back for a few days within a year, so that means an AP would work well for us. I am thinking of buying the Seasonal Passes since the blockout dates will not affect us. My question is does it make sense to buy the passes now or wait until it is closer to May 2019? How much time do I have after I buy them online until I use them for the first time? Also does the one year clock start ticking when I buy the passes or when I first use them?

Another question: I was given a code to add 3 months to our passes but I don't see anywhere on Universal's ticketing website to enter a code. I am not a Florida resident but I am hoping this code is good for anyone, if I can find where to enter it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

JoeCamel

We are planning a trip in May 2019 for a few days at Universal Florida and we also plan to be going back for a few days within a year, so that means an AP would work well for us. I am thinking of buying the Seasonal Passes since the blockout dates will not affect us. My question is does it make sense to buy the passes now or wait until it is closer to May 2019? How much time do I have after I buy them online until I use them for the first time? Also does the one year clock start ticking when I buy the passes or when I first use them?

Another question: I was given a code to add 3 months to our passes but I don't see anywhere on Universal's ticketing website to enter a code. I am not a Florida resident but I am hoping this code is good for anyone, if I can find where to enter it.

Thanks in advance for your help!
If you pay in full the clock starts ticking on first use, if you choose flex pay it is when the initial payment is made. Don't think the 15 month code is good without a FLA zipcode.

cindy_k

I am looking into getting Universal APs for the first time. Disney has priced me out. What kind of food and hotel discounts do they give? I am looking at the Preferred pass.

macefamily

Make sure to use your Amex when buying passes. If you don't, you won't be admitted to the American Express private lounge.
Don't forget that parking is free with an annual pass too. That saved us $100 on our last trip in November. I believe it's now $25 for the day.

Rob562

Make sure to use your Amex when buying passes. If you don't, you won't be admitted to the American Express private lounge.
Don't forget that parking is free with an annual pass too. That saved us $100 on our last trip in November. I believe it's now $25 for the day.

Parking is only included on the upper-level passes. Our Seasonal passes do not include parking, and I believe the Power pass only gives 50% off. Read the benefits page on the Universal site to compare benefits.

-Rob

Weather_Lady

We have Seasonal Annual Passes. Although they don't offer merchandise/food discounts, the on-site hotel discount is fabulous, as is the savings on park tickets if you go more than once. By the time ours expire, we'll have visited twice (for a total of 9 days in the parks and 8 nights of hotel stays), and will have saved over $1,200 on tickets (compared with 2 purchases of 4-day park-to-park tickets for my family of 4), and another $1,000 on our hotel stays at premier (Unlimited Express Pass included) onsite hotels (30% off of the rack rates for staying at Hard Rock in early May, and Royal Pacific over February break). I can't recommend the Seasonal Annual Passes highly enough, so long as you can plan around the blockout dates (essentially Christmas-New Year's, the weeks before and after Easter, and the month of July), and don't mind playing around with dates/hotels/room categories to make the most of available APH hotel discounts during your stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom