News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hello, Helix..

1533248614414.png

If you kept the car facing inward, you'd think you were going down a whirlpool.

Kman101

Perhaps this has been discussed in the some 300 pages, but is this just going to be a straight forward extreme coaster with a few flashing lights to create an 'experience', or will it be more themed; be it screens, storyline, animatronics, etc?

I actually feel there are way to many coasters being built of late, something Walt himself didn't like.

I think you, sadly, nailed it. Unless we get some surprises. It's likely the Space Mountain/Rock 'n' Roller Coaster of Epcot. A fun coaster in the dark with some lights or scrims/screens. It could end up being really good but it hasn't sounded promising from what keeps being said. Lengthy queue and pre-shows and a quick thrill. But, again, maybe they'll surprise us.

Martin seemed unsure of AAs but thought there could be, but again, these things can change on a daily. I imagine the Groot/Rocket AA in the pre-show that was in the released concept art. They'd be the easiest to replicate in AA form. They already did for Rocket.

Kman101

Thing is, this is a PG-13 franchise so they need to make it at least semi-thrilling. People will expect it going in. I get no loops, but I still think the coaster will have some zip to it.

I imagine it'll be on par with Mine Train with a mix of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (dark with flashing lights and scrims/screens). I'm sure it'll be more than the Barnstormer, LOL. Family Friendly doesn't have to mean "kid coaster". It's likely going to be thrilling on a certain level but still 'tame' enough for the entire family. And it will obviously have a height restriction.

We keep hearing little things but it's hard to piece together exactly what to expect.

This is likely Epcot's "Space Mountain"/"Incredicoaster" (a.k.a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - sorry folks I truly believe this will happen at DHS someday unless they theme it to Cars ...) of course removing everything thrilling like drops/loops

Last edited:

Kman101

Different strokes for different folks.

I know me and my family, don't do extreme thrill rides. You make it scary, add loops, extreme pace, you are essentially turning away 50% of visitors who won't do that type of attraction.

Make it mild, but get the thrills in other ways you pretty much allow everyone to experience it.

I feel like your last point is the plan, but we just don't know enough. I wish we'd get more details. Our insiders say a lot with a little but it's still hard to piece together what to expect.

After thinking about it, I feel like it could be more on par with Slinky Dog Dash/Mine Train, in terms of thrill. But of course, "galaxy" themed, and all that, allowing for a dark showbuilding we race through instead of Andy's backyard.

Kman101

I think the balance of new rides is good overall, but I would like a few more water rides and standard dark rides. Got to remember Mickey, Ratatouille etc are on the way. I personally feel Disney World is several coasters short at the moment (they’re also many Fantasyland dark rides short!)

It's a pretty good balance. Not to mention Star Wars battle escape attraction is likely going to be an incredibly impressive dark ride, and no doubt, even as a simulator, the Falcon attraction will blow Star Tours away. Let's hope anyway.

It's a good balance. It should be really interesting what gets announced next year for the next few years. I imagine lots of changes we don't even know the scope of yet. At least I hope so. I really want them to keep investing. They have to. WDW (aside from AK, theme wise - yes it needs more rides; and MK needs, honestly, double what's there at this point just because of crowds alone, it's more of a mixed bag, and DHS will be in a much better spot with SW and TSL, just not "fixed" completely; Epcot needs the love DHS is getting, which it sounds like it will be getting, we just may not love it, lol) just isn't up to par like the other resorts and it sounds like that has become a problem. It also sounds like they realize low capacity e-tickets aren't always the best answer. And that they actually need to expand. I just hope they keep up with it. And things we think have been "cut" get added back in later as an easy way to say "hey, we're expanding"

I also hope there's a Buzz replacement. I mean, the ride's dying. They don't update it or even clean it. It's on total life support. I don't believe updates are planned, but I find it hard to believe the ride will continue past 2021 if they have truly changed their way of thinking and doing things.

sedati

I do get excited when I think of the potential of a fast omnimover.
This seems to fit well with the park's original mandate as I believe it says right on the dedication plaque:

"To all who come to this place of joy, hope and friendship, welcome.
Epcot is inspired by Walt Disney's creative vision. Here, human achievements are celebrated through ominmovers, boat rides, and films that promise new and exciting benefits for all.
May EPCOT Center entertain, inform and inspire and above all, may it give you a good long sit in a dark, air-conditioned space."
— E. Cardon Walker, October 24, 1982

AEfx

Martin seemed unsure of AAs but thought there could be, but again, these things can change on a daily. I imagine the Groot/Rocket AA in the pre-show that was in the released concept art. They'd be the easiest to replicate in AA form. They already did for Rocket.

Gosh I hope there are. We really need a full-group at least once in AA form. At least in the finale.

If they just appear in video it will be disappointing IMO for a major Epcot pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom