Why is October so busy?

analise

Original Poster
I keep hearing this. I mean I’ve been to DW at different times & so I know it’s never not busy but I honestly expected October to have less crowds. Apparently I’m wrong. Does anyone know why? I keep hearing TX has a break during this month & so they flock to DW but I’m from TX & we don’t (Houston) have a break till November.

analise

Original Poster
Precisely, as well as school fall breaks, conventions/conferences, the weather begins to get slightly cooler.
Unfortunately Columbus Day weekend is the weekend I’m there. 😱
Oh well it is what it is. It’s the only time we could go. We just have to make the best out of it.

MissMaryEli

Many schools in our state have one-two weeks of fall break in october, so many people vacation that month. Combine that with food and wine festival and Halloween festivities and October is a prime month to go to Disney.

Bob Harlem

I keep hearing this. I mean I’ve been to DW at different times & so I know it’s never not busy but I honestly expected October to have less crowds. Apparently I’m wrong. Does anyone know why? I keep hearing TX has a break during this month & so they flock to DW but I’m from TX & we don’t (Houston) have a break till November.

Fall break, Columbus Day, Not so Scary, Food and Wine and Halloween Horror nights are all big draws. (any many people do them all)

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery - For my El Camino
Premium Member
There are various factors to consider here.

You have the Gartner Conference over at Swolphin. Which is not necessarily bad unless you are staying around Boardwalk, but they have a lot of attendees and families of attendees who hit the parks.

MK is closed several nights during the week due to MNSSHP, which make the nights it is open very crowded.

F&W is in full swing so a lot of locals are there. Imagine an influx of locals and resort guest hitting EPCOT on a Sunday evening (because they can't go to MK due to MNSSHP).

Fall is getting more crowded every year.

winstongator

October 8th. Which is a day I’m there lol! Yikes!
My birthday is around then. We were there that weekend 2 years ago, but had also evacuated for Hurricane Matthew. There were some other travelers who headed to WDW after their other plans got cancelled. Crowds weren't terrible. WDW hotels were booked solid - we had to go off-site. We were originally going to stay only one night, but that got increased to 4.

HwdStudio

You’ll be fine. You are doing your research and asking the right questions to come up with a good plan. Crowds are nothing when you have a good plan of attack. Try not to get hung up on the crowds. I know it’s not easy. We all long for the times when the parks were sparse with people. I miss those days but you’ll be at WDW. You are going to have a great trip!

analise

Original Poster
You’ll be fine. You are doing your research and asking the right questions to come up with a good plan. Crowds are nothing when you have a good plan of attack. Try not to get hung up on the crowds. I know it’s not easy. We all long for the times when the parks were sparse with people. I miss those days but you’ll be at WDW. You are going to have a great trip!
Thank you I think so too. I’ve been right smack in the middle of summer when the crowds were insane. And I’ve been on thanksgiving when I felt like a sardine lol. But we had a plan of action & it worked out.

Dr. Ludwig von Drake

I'll be there. You'll be there. WDW_Jon will be there. It will be full of people just like us! It's a big world, there are lots of folks with the same idea about visiting because they "honestly expected October to have less crowds."

Other threads have talked about the prevalance of childless adults in the parks. These people aren't restricted to visiting only on school breaks, so October is as good as any other month for taking some vacation time and visiting the parks. I'm not sure school being in session is that big a restriction, to be honest. We've got four school-aged children and haven't hesitated to take them out of school for two or three days to have a four- or five-day weekend visit to Disney. I've never really noticed a lack of children in the parks during school days in any month.

We are Florida Seasonal passholders. Since summer is blocked off, months like October are really the only times we can visit. I wonder how many seasonal passholders there are?

Despite crowds it will be a lot of fun. Make your fastpasses and go crazy!

One more thing: October is just a nice time here in Florida. Humidity is down, clear blue skies, cooler days and even cooler evenings.

analise

Original Poster
I'll be there. You'll be there. WDW_Jon will be there. It will be full of people just like us! It's a big world, there are lots of folks with the same idea about visiting because they "honestly expected October to have less crowds."

Other threads have talked about the prevalance of childless adults in the parks. These people aren't restricted to visiting only on school breaks, so October is as good as any other month for taking some vacation time and visiting the parks. I'm not sure school being in session is that big a restriction, to be honest. We've got four school-aged children and haven't hesitated to take them out of school for two or three days to have a four- or five-day weekend visit to Disney. I've never really noticed a lack of children in the parks during school days in any month.

We are Florida Seasonal passholders. Since summer is blocked off, months like October are really the only times we can visit. I wonder how many seasonal passholders there are?

Despite crowds it will be a lot of fun. Make your fastpasses and go crazy!

One more thing: October is just a nice time here in Florida. Humidity is down, clear blue skies, cooler days and even cooler evenings.
Lol don’t agree on the weather. We’ve been in November it was still warm & muggy. Good thing we’re from Houston so no biggie lol.

ToTBellHop

Lol don’t agree on the weather. We’ve been in November it was still warm & muggy. Good thing we’re from Houston so no biggie lol.
Yes, but it's not routinely 92 every day with afternoon thunderstorms and dew points in the mid-70s in October. Florida is warm and muggy or hot and steamy approximately 360 days of the year. October and November tend to be more warm and muggy than hot and steamy.

5 days in January are cold. Then it's spring. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom