News Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018

Bairstow

Sexy Mad Max warboy!
Nothing impresses the ladies quite like homicidal mania and multiple organ failure.
710-5521-lrg.jpg

Kman101

At least they're attempting to finally do a few 'extra' things, even if it's just included with the party ticket.

Any word on Christmas? Since Halloween's in a month ... will the Bears ever get the switch back to their holiday overlay?

It sounds like the Pirates thing could be projections?

Kman101

Press release says the new pirates are “interacting with guests”, so unless the projections are like Turtle Talk, I’m thinking live actors.

But how are they looking for Gunpowder Pete while everyone else is looking for Captain Jack?

Shhh. We're not supposed to ask questions ;)

But I'm interested in seeing how they handle this. Could be a miss or could be something fun. Depending on how they implement these 'overlays' (I use that very very loosely of course) I may actually attend a party for the first time in 10 years. I know they aren't "major" but it's kind of nice they're finally trying to do something. I'd like "more" but it's a start.

Biff215

Shhh. We're not supposed to ask questions ;)

But I'm interested in seeing how they handle this. Could be a miss or could be something fun. Depending on how they implement these 'overlays' (I use that very very loosely of course) I may actually attend a party for the first time in 10 years. I know they aren't "major" but it's kind of nice they're finally trying to do something. I'd like "more" but it's a start.
Agreed. We did our first MNSSHP last year. The kids enjoyed it, but outside of the few entertainment offerings I really didn’t see anything special that would make me want to come back. If done right, these types of additions might make me rethink that. Oh, and also once the fireworks get an upgrade so they don’t feel like a downgrade from HEA.

FullSailDan

Agreed. We did our first MNSSHP last year. The kids enjoyed it, but outside of the few entertainment offerings I really didn’t see anything special that would make me want to come back. If done right, these types of additions might make me rethink that. Oh, and also once the fireworks get an upgrade so they don’t feel like a downgrade from HEA.

The entertainment really sold us on it, and we had a really great time last year. I've done the Christmas parties and been underwhelmed. I think the trick-or-treating was a blast for my nephew and the mood in the parks was really exciting.

Kman101

Yes! The fireworks need an upgrade. I don't believe we've heard anything about that. Shame how they can run the fireworks they do for Halloween and Christmas when they have HEA offered on the regular. But many enjoy just a pure Fireworks show so IDK ... but it seems like they should upgrade them. No reason they couldn't have this year.

Animaniac93-98

Press release says the new pirates are “interacting with guests”, so unless the projections are like Turtle Talk, I’m thinking live actors.

But how are they looking for Gunpowder Pete while everyone else is looking for Captain Jack?

I think if there were live actors we would have seen auditions posted for them by now.

draybook

franco1_zpspb3qll8x.gif

Jones14

Pirates will have live actors for the Halloween party. No idea if it’s just the party or all day, though (although my assumption is just the party).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom