Tokyo Disneyland's 1998 area music

TwilightZone

Original Poster
Here is the rare area music that played in Tokyo Disneyland in the 90s. The reason why it's not on youtube is because the songs included have legal issues that caused youtube to block the three videos that used to exist for this area music. Specifically the moog cookbook's remix of black hole sun. Unrelated but I also have area music for communicore too, should I upload that on youtube, or upload it this style? What do you guys think?

Last edited:

TwilightZone

Original Poster
Instead of posting a part 2, I found a software to make it one cohesive playlist.
Where I got the song information from, some songs I had to not include due to lack of information.
My theory about this area music was that it was created with sci-fi city in mind. Sci-fi city was going to be more into alien city lifestyle than even WDW's tomorrowland was, but was cut for tokyo disneysea. This explains why the area music sounds more spacey than the other area musics and why it wasn't used in any of the other parks, even WDW.
-------------------------------------------------------
. Moog Cookbook: Black Hole Sun
. Tipsy: Grossenhosen
. Juno Reactor: Feel the Universe
. The Orb: Plateau
. Air: La Femme D'Argent
. Tipsy: Nude on the Moon
. In a Gentle Mood
. Mark Isham: Never Cry Wolf
. Surface 10: Concentrations
. Laika and the Cosmonauts: Magic Bullet
. Jean Jaques Perrey: Porcupine Rock
. Leonard Nimoy: Music to Watch Space Girls Go By
. DJ Rodriguez: Personality
. Killer Watts: Sleep Walk
. Transglobal Underground: Air Giant
. Kraftwelt: Sci Fi Memento
. Bruce Broughton: Will & Penny's Theme (this one was a fan remix, I couldn't find the real deal)
. Vangelis: Elsewhere
-------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

TwilightZone

Original Poster
I'm surprised that so many of these tracks are so heavily blocked on the net, including the Apollo 440 one.
Yeah, that's why my initial post was on a file sharing site. So many uploads of the area music made by others were taken down. It's ridiculous. But the playlist you shared brought back my favorite song from the loop, so all is good for now.
I'm probably going to make an updated version soon with the additional songs so that way they are never lost.

Bairstow

I've actually got that .mp3 on a drive somewhere. Picked up the Lost in Space soundtrack album up for a dollar years ago, mostly for the Juno Reactor track.

TwilightZone

Original Poster
Updated the link again with a more permanent one. I forgot completely about this thread. Just open with music player for google drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom