Incredibles Coaster

Brad Bishop

Original Poster
Just saw this video:

That looks like a really lame retrofit to me. It basically feels like a coaster with random Incredibles characters attached to it for no particular reason.

I didn't even have any sort of opinion towards it before I saw the video. Before I thought, "Ok.. They're doing some incredible thing to the coaster - let's see what they do." It's lame. It's Six Flags lame (and I like Six Flags but this is like them sticking Bugs Bunny figures around a coaster and calling it the ALL NEW BUGS BUNNY COASTER!!!)

TwilightZone

Well I mean they did show the ride in concept art, so the laziness is not a big surprise to me. I still like california screamin' as a ride so I will most likely like the incredicoaster too since it is the same exact ride.

Rich T

Just saw this video:

That looks like a really lame retrofit to me. It basically feels like a coaster with random Incredibles characters attached to it for no particular reason.

I didn't even have any sort of opinion towards it before I saw the video. Before I thought, "Ok.. They're doing some incredible thing to the coaster - let's see what they do." It's lame. It's Six Flags lame (and I like Six Flags but this is like them sticking Bugs Bunny figures around a coaster and calling it the ALL NEW BUGS BUNNY COASTER!!!)

"It's Six Flags lame" gives it too much credit. At least Six Flags usually meets their own modest goals. They don't usually take a great ride and ruin it... except for the shoulder harnesses and VR that Revolution's had to endure...

TwilightZone

"It's Six Flags lame" gives it too much credit. At least Six Flags usually meets their own modest goals. They don't usually take a great ride and ruin it... except for the shoulder harnesses and VR that Revolution's had to endure...
I liked revolution, maybe because I don't have a vr device at home. If I did it would be less cool.
It's more cool than incredicoaster either way.

Rich T

Everytime I ride The New Revolution, the VR isn't working. It's better that way since it makes the line move faster.
Revolution's been one of my favorites ever since it first opened in 1976, and--without those shoulder harnesses--it's one of the most perfect rides on Earth. That long, steady straight run to the loop is one of the most iconic design elements on any coaster ever.

Phroobar

Revolution's been one of my favorites ever since it first opened in 1976, and--without those shoulder harnesses--it's one of the most perfect rides on Earth. That long, steady straight run to the loop is one of the most iconic design elements on any coaster ever.
Totally agree. It's great to have lap bars back again. Disney should follow suit with the Incredicoaster. Hang Time at Knotts uses lap bars too. It's good to see the shoulder harnesses disappearing on the new generation of coasters.

TwilightZone

Totally agree. It's great to have lap bars back again. Disney should follow suit with the Incredicoaster. Hang Time at Knotts uses lap bars too. It's good to see the shoulder harnesses disappearing on the new generation of coasters.
Call me a baby, but something about lapbar only rides scare me. Still will ride them, loved twisted colossus, but maybe it's because I'm not used to them.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Call me a baby, but something about lapbar only rides scare me. Still will ride them, loved twisted colossus, but maybe it's because I'm not used to them.

Yeah there is something about a lapbar only coaster that has twists, corkscrews, inversions, etc, that makes it an unnerving experience.

However I think that is why some coaster enthusiasts love these type of systems.

smile

an utter harmony of misguided synergy, as is the remainder of the pier

sprinkle in a dash of the ol shuffle things around laterally and act like they're forward progress maneuver

profit

Phroobar

Yeah there is something about a lapbar only coaster that has twists, corkscrews, inversions, etc, that makes it an unnerving experience.

However I think that is why some coaster enthusiasts love these type of systems.
Some of them clamp you legs down too. I believe Cannibal at Lagoon does that. Very scary ride especially the low speed twists over water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom