Newish ALEXA SHOW has become unresponsive.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
It's 6 months old and pushing the power button has no effect. I tested the wall outlet with my cell phone charger....the electricity is flowing through that outlet just fine.
Why would my Alexa Show suddenly "play dead" just 6 months after it came out of the box?

Nemo14

or this?
8) If all else fails…

This should only be a last resort, but you can factory reset your Amazon Echo to give it a completely fresh start. There’s a reset button next to the power adapter. You’ll need to use a pin (or something equally small and pointy). Hold the button in until the light ring turns orange and you’re good to go. The only problem is you’ll have to set up the Echo all over again.

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/amazon-echo-problems-2946622#kmJGjkRocXRPb3dj.99

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I appreciate the time and effort you put in to be helpful @Nemo14......Thank You! :)
The issue is most likely the need to replace the cord that goes from the electric socket to the back of the device.
Re. the reset option....the youtube videos on that topic seem to focus on the other Alexa that is round and tallish.....not mine.
I have the rectangular Alexa Echo Show that has a screen....like a small tv.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I appreciate the time and effort you put in to be helpful @Nemo14......Thank You! :)
The issue is most likely the need to replace the cord that goes from the electric socket to the back of the device.
Re. the reset option....the youtube videos on that topic seem to focus on the other Alexa that is round and tallish.....not mine.
I have the rectangular Alexa Echo Show that has a screen....like a small tv.

By the way, I just came across my thread.....a thread that I had forgotten about.
In the end, I was able to speak to Amazon's Customer Service rep on the phone. They requested I mail my Alexa Echo Show back to them. I did that and then they confirmed that it could not be repaired. I was able to receive a replacement Alexa at no cost to me :)
(Keep in mind that will only be the case if you've owned your Alexa for less than one year).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom