Incredibles 2 Details

Magenta Panther

You are assuming that a parent staying home or taking care of their kids puts them on a lower level than the parent who works outside the home.

Where, exactly, did I say that? We're talking superheroes here, not moms and dads. Let's try this again: if Mr. Incredible has to step aside in order for Elastigirl to get "back in the superhero game" then that implies that he's hindering her in some way. And what way would that be? Perhaps by being too "super"? Look, I like strong female heroes, but this film's trailers just look to me like it's about making a statement about female empowerment and dumb dad can't raise his kids ha ha ha. I hope I'm wrong because I really liked the Incredibles (especially Edna Mode - there's a strong female character IMO) and despite what I said I'll probably see it - but I hope I won't find myself rolling my eyes too much during it, like I did with Elizabeth Swan (pampered governor's daughter, yet somehow also an expert swordfighter and pirate captain!) in the first Pirates film. I don't like pandering. I don't know why anyone would. I think it's insulting.

PB Watermelon

Just a guess...bad guy in trailer wants to make money licensing merchandise related to the superheroes. ElastiGirl tests highly with target market. Bad guy secretly responsible for staging crises only ElastiGirl can solve. Fame and popularity goes briefly to her head, Winds up in real danger, message still the same -- the family is always strongest as a team. Team saves the day with assist from Jak who has learned something from Bob's parenting after all. Roll credits.

Last edited:

Phroobar

What's wrong with mom and dad go to work all day and kids are brought up by their friends, TV and internet? Oh wait... never mind.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
IMG_4060.JPG

Princess Leia

I’m watching the first one for the first time in years, and I’d forgotten how adult it is. Not like suggestive material or whatever, but in the themes.

I’m up to the point where Bob’s finding out that all of his friends are dead, and Helen finding out that Bob no longer works for the company, and the way the suspense builds with next to no dialogue is just so good.

ppete1975

I couldn't agree more. It has been years and I thouroghly enjoyed every second... then incredibles 2 came on. Remember some of the early reviews said that it was good but not as good as the original.

Wellllll.... ITS AMAZING!!!! I was shocked how much better the animation looked, incredibles looks amazing don't get me wrong, but the textures and colors are just more vivid. The story.. great!! I'm not a person that laughs out loud during movies but I kind of did a few times. You could tell the whole audience was engaged and on the edge of their seats to see what would happen next. This isn't just because of the main plot line (lets be honest most movies esp cartoons you can figure out the plot pretty early), it was just everything that was going on kept you engaged and wondering where we would be taken next in the story. When it ended, even though it has a firm ending.. you could tell people wanted more, not because the story wasn't concluded.. but more like a roller coaster. It was so much fun that you just wanted it to keep going.

Anyway, go see it. I really enjoyed it.

My top 3 movies this year (and i see toooo many) in no order...
Solo, Avengers, incredibles....

damn Disney....

Princess Leia

I couldn't agree more. It has been years and I thouroghly enjoyed every second... then incredibles 2 came on. Remember some of the early reviews said that it was good but not as good as the original.

Wellllll.... ITS AMAZING!!!! I was shocked how much better the animation looked, incredibles looks amazing don't get me wrong, but the textures and colors are just more vivid. The story.. great!! I'm not a person that laughs out loud during movies but I kind of did a few times. You could tell the whole audience was engaged and on the edge of their seats to see what would happen next. This isn't just because of the main plot line (lets be honest most movies esp cartoons you can figure out the plot pretty early), it was just everything that was going on kept you engaged and wondering where we would be taken next in the story. When it ended, even though it has a firm ending.. you could tell people wanted more, not because the story wasn't concluded.. but more like a roller coaster. It was so much fun that you just wanted it to keep going.

Anyway, go see it. I really enjoyed it.

My top 3 movies this year (and i see toooo many) in no order...
Solo, Avengers, incredibles....

damn Disney....
I'm glad you liked it! I can't wait to see it :D

Princess Leia

Alright; so I liked the first one better. But this one’s worth it, just for the animation upgrades alone.

While I had a feeling about the big reveal, it happened a little differently than I expected.

Jack-Jack and Edna stole the show. There were times that the theater was laughing so much I missed a lot of dialogue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom