Just back - some advice

WVParkfan

Original Poster
A couple of things about staying at a Disney Springs Resort..

1) MOST important... stop by your front desk for a special EMH blue card. You know you’ve got EMH, but when you get to the parks, they’ve got to have that blue card. Cost us 30 minutes at AK. Declined getting in and cost us 30 minutes to go to customer service where they called our hotel and eventually got us our cards to get in for EMH (along with dozens of others), but cost us an hour wait for Flight of Passage. No matter what they say at your hotel, make sure you get that special EMH blue card.

2) Bus service to the parks was great. But if you are a park hopper, it’s not good going somewhere else afterwards. Getting back to the hotel late at night was difficult as well. My best suggestion is to take a Disney bus from the parks to a Disney hotel, then transfer to Disney Springs and then walk to your hotel.

3) Our hotel (Holiday Inn) was as good or better than any moderate hotel at Disney World and much cheaper. Just be aware of the resort fees and parking fees. I think it was worth it, but you don’t want to be surprised with a $175 fee for the week when you depart. We would DEFINITELY stay there again.

BigRedDad

Just curious what rate you paid. For comparison purposes, we are in a 3BR./3BA at Reunion for less than $7/nt which covers all fees (except $710 cc hold for onsite purchase that the difference gets refunded at the end of the week).

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Our hotel (Holiday Inn) was as good or better than any moderate hotel at Disney World and much cheaper.
128448768.jpg

Port-Orleans-Riverside-11.jpg

Agree to disagree. I'm sure your room was clean and your beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly, but those Disney Springs hotels are uuugly. I don't go to WDW to stay in a hotel-themed hotel. I go to WDW for placemaking.

HwdStudio

128448768.jpg

Agree to disagree. I'm sure your room was clean and your beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly, but those Disney Springs hotels are uuugly. I don't go to WDW to stay in a hotel-themed hotel. I go to WDW for placemaking.
That second picture there is kinda hard to beat!

ThatMouse

I would imagine a bus back to the hotel midday could be a long wait. Good tips though! I would probably choose a hotel that offers "free parking" just to spite Disney's parking fees. Another option is to budget in a taxi twice each day. That could certainly all be cheaper than moderates if they continue with the $200+ a night rates.

eliza61nyc

128448768.jpg

lol, I think once you decide to go offsite, room rates come into play so not sure how many off site folks expect their offsite hotel to be uber themed.

Keppyslinger

When you stay at the Disney Spings hotels, do you get dropped off at the same bus stops as the Disney Resort buses? I am mostly curious about the Magic Kingdom bus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom