News Passholder Benefits Shifting

celluloid

Shows the pointlessness from over confidence of Annual Passholders tiered system.

I am glad I bought the Weekday Pass, because basically the Fourth of July Heat of the summer time and Christmas week/spring break week. Times as a local I don't want to be in the heat and crowds anyway.

Hopefully this reminds people that it was never about spreading the crowds over the time of year, it is about allowing as many people in towards capacity for money and keeping per capita spending up. What would help things like that are discounts on Quick Service for Annual Passholders and Cast Members.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

I really hate that there are two rides in Epcot and you can only get one fast pass. Unfortunaltely all four Disney theme parks are stale and have been for quite some time now. Epcot and Studios obviously being the worst. But MK isn't much better. AK tried but I haven't even rode the new boat ride because the line is insane. And if you don't have a fast pass for Flight of passage forget about it.

incorrect.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Epcot is still my favorite park. It needs some love, but standing in Innoventions plaza, listening to the future world music and overlooking the fountains and Spaceship Earth still gives me chills every single time. There's still a lot of good at Epcot. It could be great again with some basic changes:

* An attraction in WoL
* Better Imagination attraction w Figment - even if not an E ticket level. I'd take a good C ticket at this point.
* Redoing the Nemo ride to be less of a book report and more about Marine Life
* Making use of Innoventions again.

That along with what's already planned could make Epcot a great park again, despite the misplaced IPs.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Attendance recently has been not meeting projections across WDW, causing concern amongst management. As a result, a variety of programs have shifted. The big one being that most Low level Passholders can now visit during June (up to the 29th). Also, due to low Epcot Lite (now without a Festival) attendance, Passholder magnets have moved from studios (the expected attendance bomb) to Epcot (the actual one).

TLDR:
Lower Level Passholders are un-blocked until TSL opens
Magnets Move to Epcot
Attendance caused these
Definitely a push for Epcot taking place at the moment.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Epcot is still my favorite park. It needs some love, but standing in Innoventions plaza, listening to the future world music and overlooking the fountains and Spaceship Earth still gives me chills every single time. There's still a lot of good at Epcot. It could be great again with some basic changes:

* An attraction in WoL
* Better Imagination attraction w Figment - even if not an E ticket level. I'd take a good C ticket at this point.
* Redoing the Nemo ride to be less of a book report and more about Marine Life
* Making use of Innoventions again.

That along with what's already planned could make Epcot a great park again, despite the misplaced IPs.
That would be a good start, but it needs much more than that. How about 8 - 10 "must do" great experiences? The park does not have that now, or with the upcoming changes.

wdwgreek

Well Epcot has two major attractions coming in the next few years, the Rat and the lets pretend this about energy of the galaxy coaster, I am sure those two will help buttress some of the decline in attedance, but untill then they are in trouble. A park cannot survive off of festivals and booze.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
In spite of the availability of both Schofferhofer Grapefruit and cast members I can converse civilly auf Deutsch, I don't relish baking in the sun or getting soaked and steamed in Epcot from June until August. No protection from the elements at all.

jakeman

Have you seen the 20-minute waits for Frozen Ever After?

A magnet that’s been available for weeks will get the park bursting at its seams, I’m sure.
Not really. I don't have a proclivity for tracking wait times when I'm 600 miles away. I'm finding that I'm a terrible fan for not partaking in such activities.

It's just an odd swing that we go through here from "Walt Disney World is a fire hazard with the number of people there" to "Walt Disney World is a ghost town and selling the fixtures to keep the lights on" in a matter of hours sometimes.

Perhaps the swings are more nuanced than that, but I don't keep track of it beyond threads that are started here.

That dichotomy is why it makes me think of the Yogi Berra quote often while reading the forums.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Shows the pointlessness from over confidence of Annual Passholders tiered system.

I am glad I bought the Weekday Pass, because basically the Fourth of July Heat of the summer time and Christmas week/spring break week. Times as a local I don't want to be in the heat and crowds anyway.

Hopefully this reminds people that it was never about spreading the crowds over the time of year, it is about allowing as many people in towards capacity for money and keeping per capita spending up. What would help things like that are discounts on Quick Service for Annual Passholders and Cast Members.

I still can’t fathom why anyone not wearing a name tag would even consider floating this as a legitimate, reasonable plan.

Anyone thinking they want to “limit” attendance in any fashion...short of rioting...doesn’t understand disney management at all.

ToTBellHop

Not really. I don't have a proclivity for tracking wait times when I'm 600 miles away. I'm finding that I'm a terrible fan for not partaking in such activities.

It's just an odd swing that we go through here from "Walt Disney World is a fire hazard with the number of people there" to "Walt Disney World is a ghost town and selling the fixtures to keep the lights on" in a matter of hours sometimes.

Perhaps the swings are more nuanced than that, but I don't keep track of it beyond threads that are started here.

That dichotomy is why it makes me think of the Yogi Berra quote often while reading the forums.
Well I’ve been to WDW and seen the dramatic shift at Epcot. Lifting blackout dates is not an everyday occurrence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom