News Disney considering a service like Uber at WDW - Confirmed as Minnie Van

peter11435

I added a note to the "Minnie Van Service Now Available to All Restort Guests" blog to the effect that this wasn't exactly true. Not every guest has a Lyft connection (including me). The comment was quickly removed. Maybe Disney IS only for the smartphone connected these days.
Just because you choose not to have a smartphone doesn’t mean the service isn’t available to you.

jakeman

I added a note to the "Minnie Van Service Now Available to All Restort Guests" blog to the effect that this wasn't exactly true. Not every guest has a Lyft connection (including me). The comment was quickly removed. Maybe Disney IS only for the smartphone connected these days.
Just got a call from Disney today about a reservation and they stated that Minnie Vans can be booked at the front desk of your resort.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And you don't have to be a guest at a WDW resort.

Although, I presume the pick-up and drop-off has to be within 'the bubble.'

Biff215

I'm assuming they'll transport our luggage too as we switch resorts? Don't want to allow the resort to do that and risk not seeing it again until the evening. IMO, $25 is too much to use regularly but I won't mind trying it in this situation as long as they'll also take our luggage.

Bairstow

I'm assuming they'll transport our luggage too as we switch resorts? Don't want to allow the resort to do that and risk not seeing it again until the evening. IMO, $25 is too much to use regularly but I won't mind trying it in this situation as long as they'll also take our luggage.

If it will fit.
Minnie Vans run with their trunks already full with two child seats.

Biff215

If it will fit.
Minnie Vans run with their trunks already full with two child seats.
Good to know, thanks. We'll have at least four full-sized suitcases for the 10 days at BCV, so I'm guessing this might not work for us. Back to using the taxi, which will be cheaper anyway (not a ride sharing fan with our kids).

Flalex72

Good to know, thanks. We'll have at least four full-sized suitcases for the 10 days at BCV, so I'm guessing this might not work for us. Back to using the taxi, which will be cheaper anyway (not a ride sharing fan with our kids).

This depends on how many people are in your party. If you're 3 people with 2 large suitcases, there's lots of room in the Traverse. 4 will still go with a rear seat flipped down.

Of course, if you can pack your suitcases so that anything you need before dinner is in a separate bag, then transferring the suitcases is easy.

dreamfinder

And you don't have to be a guest at a WDW resort.

Although, I presume the pick-up and drop-off has to be within 'the bubble.'

Did they change it so that a front desk/concierge CM no longer needs to "activate" your phone number in Lyft so you can see the Minnie Van option? The CM asked if we were staying at the resort when we had to get it activated, but didn't ask us to prove it.

But yes, once activated, you can do the pick up/drop off at the approved locations after that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Did they change it so that a front desk/concierge CM no longer needs to "activate" your phone number in Lyft so you can see the Minnie Van option? The CM asked if we were staying at the resort when we had to get it activated, but didn't ask us to prove it.

But yes, once activated, you can do the pick up/drop off at the approved locations after that.

I *think* it becomes activated by proximity??

dreamfinder

I *think* it becomes activated by proximity??

At least when they rolled it out you could get an alert via proximity telling you about the service, but we needed to stop by the desk to have them add our phone number to the "approved list" to get the Minnie Van's to show up. Until they did that we just saw the normal Lyft options, but once they added us we could see the Minnie Van choice.

tissandtully

I don't think that's a rumor, I think it's confirmed.

Currently $25 flat fee. Will be $15 flat fee plus mileage.
Actually not too bad and seems fair, what would be bad is if they charged per minute as well. Right now, a lot of drivers have been nice enough to go between resorts and wait for people to get changed or pick something up before finishing the destination.

DisneyDaver

I read that the Minnie Vans can now be scheduled to pick up from the airport for $150 per way. My group will have 6 people (4 adults and 2 toddlers who need car seats) and we will likely have 5-6 suitcases). Does anyone have a sense of whether all that luggage will fit along with 6 people? Our plan is to take a car service from the airport to the resort and then take DME when we go back to the airport.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I read that the Minnie Vans can now be scheduled to pick up from the airport for $150 per way. My group will have 6 people (4 adults and 2 toddlers who need car seats) and we will likely have 5-6 suitcases). Does anyone have a sense of whether all that luggage will fit along with 6 people? Our plan is to take a car service from the airport to the resort and then take DME when we go back to the airport.

Is DME not an option from the airport to your resort?

DisneyDaver

Is DME not an option from the airport to your resort?

We are staying at Bay Lake (which I think is the last stop on DME) and our flight arrives at 3:00 pm so. My wife and I are hoping to have a couple hours at MK to do 3 FP+ attractions and feed the kids dinner before heading back to the resort. Our kids will be 3.5 y/o and 13 months old at the time of our visit so we want to get the 13 month old to bed on the earlier side (7:30 pm'ish). Thus, getting to the resort faster than DME is of interest to us if we can make it work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom