News Disney's Animal Kingdom tests a new stroller parking system

Magic Feather

Is this just Seven pages of Strollers in WDW Good or Bad Debates? Oy! On a more relevant note, AK, IMO, is always the park that got Stroller Parking Really right, and this change addresses what I found to be the system’s only weakness (other than RoL’s Asia Parking which is not bad, but not ideal) of there being separate stroller parking areas that can lead to minor confusion.
The only park that really needs a major overhaul for strollers’ sake is the MK. Old Fantasyland is a literal hellscape when it is a busy stroller day. As much as we would hate it, something needs to be carved out for non-pathway Parking.
The real answer isn’t to ban or restrict strollers, but to design adequate and well-placed stroller parking, and restrict areas where they can be parked. Whether that means to force all FL Parking to be by Belle, or remove Philhar’s dump shop, I don’t know, but something needs to be done.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's all we take, and our daughters were / are breastfed so we don't need bottles or formula, but that amount of stuff requires a small backpack at a minimum.

Wait, you're smuggling in humanbreasts filled with human's milk into the parks?!!!

It's because of all those humanbreasts that we can't pack in enough people into the hub for the night shows!!!!

durangojim

The day we no longer had to use strollers for our kids at the parks was like God smiled down on us and the Heavens opened up. That was also the same day I was no longer the pack mule carrying all the diaper bags and everything else on my back while standing on the bus riding to our resort. It was glorious!

Spash007

A couple of things -
1) I feel like most of the people with strollers, or just in general, who are not considerate, are not on these boards. People here appreciate WDW for what it is, and with that comes appreciating other visitors.
2) We brought my daughter when she was 2.5. Will she remember it? Probably not most, but I think she will know she loved Dumbo more than anything else. At the same time, it was a huge growth experience for her. We've had multiple friends and family tell us independently that the WDW trip was really when she got out of her shell. So even if she doesn't remember it, overall it was a positive experience in her life.
3) I'm glad this is in AK. While MK was a sea of strollers I regularly got lost in, we came up with a system. AK seemed to have the most times that a stroller got moved by a cast member and I ended up hunting for it.

Dutch Inn '76

It's a societal thing at this point to carry 100 pounds of gear for a 25 pound baby. People aren't going to stop bringing in strollers unless an artificial barrier to discourage it is put into place.

Honestly, I don't see how they can address it unless they do a blanket ban or a blanket charge for strollers entering the parks. Doesn't mean it's being done to generate revenue. Sometimes the only button you can push to modify behavior is the money button.

I'm ALL FOR some sort of "artificial barrier." The strollers (and scooters and wheel chairs) are out of control. If I need one of those, I'll gladly jump through the hoops to have one, because I have seen the place without those barriers.

dreamfinder912

Aside from medical necessity, strollers just seem to be more prevalent and larger than before. I have photos of myself as a toddler in what can only be described as a hammock style sling of fabric between two handles, resting on wheels as a "stroller." All the photos from the 90s and earlier that I've seen have FAR fewer and SMALLER strollers than now. A baby in 1991 craps, eats, and fusses the same as one now, so why do the strollers now seem equipped to handle a zombie apocalypse?

KINGLOUIS1993

I found this highly amusing that the picture that went along with this news was of the safari, just pictured a load of strollers sprawled across the animal enclosures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom