Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Again. "They don't get it".

Who makes these decisions?

And Disneyland can keep Paint the Night. I know they cling to it because they were in a night parade drought but I never wanted a clone (and it coming never made sense). It fits much better at DCA, it feels 'right' there.
It would have made sense if WDW got PtN when MSEP closed for a few years until the new 50th parade was ready. But not as a long term parade.

CaptainAmerica

If only they had a bypass or two behind Main Street that they could open every night but often opt not to.
That’s not planned.
Wasn't that on the slate at some point? Maybe not full theming back there but at least getting it "show ready" to be used as needed?

My biggest Disney dream come true would be SpectroMagic 2.0 for the 50th, but I don't think there's even a sliver of a chance of that... right...?

brb1006

It would just make sense to return to and run the MSEP for a limited engagement before developing the next new thing. Hardware and IP are all there and waiting to deploy.
MSEP at this point is almost 50 years old. It's so old that one of the floats was damaged (The Pleasure Island float where Pinocchio used to sit at) while being shipped back to Disneyland.

MerlinTheGoat

It’s an option.
tenor.gif

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I’ll never understand why some people are so adamantly against the MSEP as a stopgap. What’s the harm in running the parade of people enjoy it and a replacement is coming anyway?

CaptainAmerica

I’ll never understand why some people are so adamantly against the MSEP as a stopgap. What’s the harm in running the parade of people enjoy it and a replacement is coming anyway?
Because without the bypass egress routes that others have mentioned, the Magic Kingdom can't sustain a nighttime parade without major bottleneck issues.

JustInTime

Original Poster
I think this entire thread should serve as a lesson to us all, not just @JustInTime, that very often wild rumors from frontline CM's are very often just that; wild rumors from frontline CM's, and they have very little basis in reality.

It's now Memorial Day weekend 2018 and Paint The Night continues to perform nightly at Disneyland Resort, a new Incredibles float debuts in Paint The Night next month with the new movie and roller coaster, and the earliest timeframe that Magic Kingdom Park will get a new night parade is three years from now, in 2021 for the 50th Celebration.
It doesn’t serve a lesson to me at all. I never said it was a concrete rumor. At the time it was a topic that very much deserved discussion. That’s what these boards are for. It’s not my fault it kept going and lasted longer than it should have. I would make this same thread again.

Last edited:

JustInTime

Original Poster
I just watched the interview with Dan Cockerell. It seemed to me that the nighttime parade returning is much more iffy than I had thought. He said that the 50th is the earliest it could return, but seemed to leave open the possibility that it could be later.
Yeah. I took away the same thing. Not good.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Wasn't that on the slate at some point? Maybe not full theming back there but at least getting it "show ready" to be used as needed?

My biggest Disney dream come true would be SpectroMagic 2.0 for the 50th, but I don't think there's even a sliver of a chance of that... right...?

If we got any kind of SpectroMagic I would just lose my mind in excitement.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I leave on Friday for an eight night trip. Magic Kingdom is open until 11 or midnight every night and opens at 8 several mornings. Animal Kingdom has morning EMH every single day. But don't let facts interfere with The Narrative (TM).

I guess you don’t remember when the parks were routinely open to 11 or later daily during the summer and busy seasons with multiple EMH that were 3 hours in length per week. Maybe your obnoxiousness is blocking your long term memory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom