News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Goofyernmost

(Okay, somebody has to do this, so it might as well be me.)

Your scathing burn about somebody acquiring a book to potentially improve their writing loses some impact based on all the errors in the second sentence quoted above. That's just how I see it.

Carry on.
As soon as I can create a reason to care, I'll work on it. The "burn" as you put it, was about name calling, not grammar. Your ability to read is pretty good, comprehension, not so hot. That's just how I see it!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
To sum up things so far...

- These won't run when there is even a chance of a storm because the cars would blow off the cable or get struck by lighting
- These won't run when the sun is out because without AC it will be to hot
- At others times they will be broken down and they will be rescuing people from the stuck cars.
- During the rare times they are operational...
- People with wheelchairs, ECV and strollers won't ride because it will be impossible to load these efficiently.
- 1000's of people who are afraid of heights won't ride.
- Others won't ride because they don't want to be in a small space with strangers for the hours it will take to get from station to station.
- Most people won't be able to afford the gondola resorts because the price will likely get hiked by %200-%300.

- They will seriously impact the people who don't even use them (and based on the above only 5 or 6 people a day will use them)
- They crowds at the IG will totally destroy the efficiency of the entrance and thus no one will stay at the Epcot area resorts.
- The 200 foot tall towers will spoil the views from every location in Epcot and DHS.
- The gondola will bring the "riff-raff" into the Boardwalk area, this giving people even more reason not to stay there.

Did I get it all?

JoeCamel

- These won't run when there is even a chance of a storm because the cars would blow off the cable or get struck by lighting
- At others times they will be broken down and they will be rescuing people from the stuck cars.
- People with wheelchairs, ECV and strollers won't ride because it will be impossible to load these efficiently.
- Others won't ride because they don't want to be in a small space with strangers for the hours it will take to get from station to station.
- Most people won't be able to afford the gondola resorts because the price will likely get hiked by %200-%300.

- They will seriously impact the people who don't even use them (and based on the above only 5 or 6 people a day will use them)
- They crowds at the IG will totally destroy the efficiency of the entrance and thus no one will stay at the Epcot area resorts.
- The 200 foot tall towers will spoil the views from every location in Epcot and DHS.
- The gondola will bring the "riff-raff" into the Boardwalk area, this giving people even more reason not to stay there.

Did I get it all?
Alligators, you left out the alligators....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Did I get it all?

They're taking too long to build that which is not wanted!!

cosmicgirl

And the 5 or 6 people who do use them get to have a killer stroller- and ECV-free ride and buy this exclusive shirt as they exit through the gondola gift shop:

Schermafdruk 2018-05-26 15.36.05cut.png
Schermafdruk 2018-05-26 15.31.09cut.png

Lift Blog

BoardWalk turn station appears to be quite a bit more compact than the Riviera one. That would seem to indicate the longer terminals elsewhere are for more loading time rather than very high speeds. I would not be surprised to see something like the below rather than the large structures seen at CBB and DHS.
img_7699.jpg

danv3

Rode on an unairconditioned incline car this weekend in Pittsburgh. It didn’t make me optimistic about the comfort level in the gondolas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom