Wine Bar George opening in Disney Springs late 2017

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, February 15, 2018.

IMG_0207.JPG

Cast concrete signs installed at top of building façade.

IMG_0206.JPG

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Not hard date yet, but in the next couple of months, before summer.
Bring a coup (industry short hand for coupon) to the grand opening, mention the phrase ”WDWMAGIC loyal reader” and I’ll be sure that you get the 18% discount on Catawba, Boone’s Farm, or Mad Dog 20/20. Also our secret pure grain alcohol, sports drink mix will be revealed at midnight. All week long our series on condiment chasers with an emphasis on peanut butter will be running. I’m making sure that the place will be classy and top notch as per Disney’s directive.

bhg469

Interesting choices. this should be the place for those that complain Disney's food isn't "adventurous" enough. Chilled octopus, pork cheeks, and a whole fish.
The menu looks really good, to me, but I don't see this being popular as the other new offerings.

Walt d

Sounds like a great idea, but I'm having trouble seeing how that space can accommodate a 210 seat building. Is it going to be two stories? Is it going to take up some of Ragland roads out door seating? Does anyone have any ideas?
Yes its very obvious. All the single people will be sent to the cloud to sit.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 9, 2018. Server training taking place inside Wine Bar George. Most of the construction walls have been removed, except around the main entrance. Along the narrow balcony on the left, you can see a row of bar stools and a narrow ledge to hold drinks.

Update as of Monday, May 14, 2018. The remaining construction walls have been removed and replaced with roll-away box planters. Kitchen testing was ongoing Monday evening. "The basket" is a quick service outlet and displayed various sandwiches and take-away food, but not serving as of Monday evening. Expect a soft opening this week sometime.

IMG_0434.JPG

An entrance sign over this door: "the basket."

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

Last edited:

note2001

I must be one of the rare few people that have no desire to eat at Disney Springs. Shop? Yes. Eat? Not anything more than an icecream cone or a lemonade.

I find it hard to believe DS can sustain all these eateries with the visitors it gets. Is it really that busy in the restaurants?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom