Will Soarin' Over California ever return?

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I hope the original Soarin’ comes back, in at least a limited fashion. I miss the soundtrack, the smells, and the general sensation that I was soaring over the landscapes depicted (rather than flying through a movie like SAtW).

SSG

If the popcorn bucket looks like Patrick Warburton's head... Instant sell-out!

mEA7y.gif

bluerhythym

Really hoping they film a new California film one day... Keep/reshoot some of the older scenes (mainly Malibu and the orange groves) and find some new locations to feature!

mickEblu

I don’t understand what they have to lose by switching it back to Soarin over California. Lines aren’t any longer because of World. Most non APs probably don’t care (although all my fam/ friends who are casual fans prefer California) and most APs would love to see it come back. Lastly, from an artistic standpoint WDI has to realize the California is the far better experience, right!? Other than them saving face, I don’t see a reason to keep Soarin Around the World Around.

Last edited:

truecoat

If they did 1 theater World and 1 theater Cali, that would be best. When they only use one theater, people would be disappointed if it wasn’t the side they wanted.

mickEblu

If they did 1 theater World and 1 theater Cali, that would be best. When they only use one theater, people would be disappointed if it wasn’t the side they wanted.

At first the line would be way longer for California but I think they would even out after a while. The problem is which version gets fast pass? Probably World as most tourists/ casual guests probably wouldn’t know the difference. APs will wait standby for Soarin over California. With that said the other way around could also work and free up more FPs for RSR and GOTG.

dweezil78

At first the line would be way longer for California but I think they would even out after a while. The problem is which version gets fast pass? Probably World as most tourists/ casual guests probably wouldn’t know the difference. APs will wait standby for Soarin over California. With that said the other way around could also work and free up more FPs for RSR and GOTG.

I think this is an easy solve. You just create a FP queue outside that mirrors the outdoor standby queue on the opposite side adjacent to Smokejumpers Grill. Each outdoor queue now has a line A and a line B. FP feeds inside the building first, followed by standby. Voila!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom