Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

Maccabee18

If you think it’s a great idea you don’t get it.

Is the resistance because the EPCOT ball is so iconic that adding a multi story building removes the identity of the park? Is there plans to have the building not so generic but add to the dimension of the park? If they are going for something generic ala Disney Paris than yes it is an awful idea.

HauntedMansionFLA

When was the last time these fountains worked? I always checked to see if there are working with no luck so far.
DE6C99C6-085F-496A-8BC0-1BC7EF1B880D.jpeg

I think I see some significant operations challenges with Site A (bus drop off lot to monorail station and beyond to current tapstyle line).

1. A lot of that ground area is needed to move guests on foot from bus lot and parking lot to the security zone.
2. Ground area is needed for the security zone entrance. The security zone needs to include the monorail station.
3. Ground area is needed for ticket kiosks
4. Ground area is needed for tapstyles
5. The hotel would need 2 security check areas (possibly). One for the monorail and one for the park. Not a huge obstacle, but a consideration.

Disney is not afraid to do big engineering, but using Site A would mean, I think, not much of the hotel could actually be on ground level. It would be like walking through a parking deck. I am sure Imagineers could decorate things nicely. But no sun and sky. Site B makes a lot more sense to me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When was the last time these fountains worked? I always checked to see if there are working with no luck so far.View attachment 283150

Boy are you spoiled brats getting greedy...

Do you have any idea what it would take to fix that?

It would take air, water and possibly a pump...maybe even a blower with compressed air...

Do you think they’re made of money????

Dutch Inn '76

Can you have an incorrect opinion?

Just joshing with you, but there are SO many reasons why this is a terrible idea.

Yeah, but I don't agree with most of 'em. I don't think ya'll can see the forest for the trees on this one. Eventually, I'd guess that there will be at least two hotels in the front gate area of Epcot.

Dutch Inn '76

To add, look at BLT and Contemporary. BLT looks decent but it doesn't fit at all with the Contemporary right next to it. BLT completely overpowers the Contemporary.

I agree that the BLT is an oddball design-wise, but it's not an eyesore. I'm sure that The Mouse can find a way to make front gate hotels at Epcot work with the overall design. Sure, they could also screw it up - but that's true every day, with every choice. Look at Pandora; you have NRJ sitting next to FOP: a waste of money, sitting next to one of the best rides in the world.

Dutch Inn '76

It doesn’t make any damn sense?

It would be completely detached from any and all other guest services areas...especially when the park is closed.

I agree with this - one would assume, however, that this will be the beginning of a new resort that will come with all the regular guest services like perhaps the Polynesian (at most) or the Contemporary (at least).

Kman101

This makes sense in every way, and I don't see how it hurts the park. You want to see "the weenie" as you are entering the park, and I'm sure that you will still do that - same as you do at the MK with the Train Station. It might even be an improved experience.

Maybe if this were built 30 years ago I'd agree it might even be an improved experience. I don't trust them now with plopping a hotel in the front entrance. I'd be open if the design was complimentary but I doubt it would be. This is one case where I feel like a negative nelly but I don't trust them on this one.

prberk

How about the idea that WDW already has 457,632 hotels, and that maybe the proper addition to Epcot should be, um, a unique (read, "non-IP") and wonderful attraction that brings about real inspiration again?

Kman101

im with you
i guess i dont get it too

Because we don't trust them to do it right. At least I don't in this instance. I think the idea isn't the worst (go ahead and stone me everyone, lol) but I'm worried about the execution. I don't need to see SSE from the parking lot like some do but I don't trust them to do it right for some reason. I see no reason it can't take up space elsewhere.

build_it

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m expecting a clone of the new Disneyland Hotel to be placed here. It’s modern, on stilts, not super tall. I’m not endorsing it, just thinking it might be a 2 for 1.

twebber55

Because we don't trust them to do it right. At least I don't in this instance. I think the idea isn't the worst (go ahead and stone me everyone, lol) but I'm worried about the execution. I don't need to see SSE from the parking lot like some do but I don't trust them to do it right for some reason. I see no reason it can't take up space elsewhere.
when someone has an opinion and it gets dismissed as "you just dont get it" it comes across smug and incredibly arrogant. how about we wait and see where they re gonna put it and what its gonna look like before we condemn it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom