News Liki Tikis refurbished

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Turning a decorative water feature into a functional stroller parking and bench rest area, per the image above. Not sure if it's more walk room though. Still, it appears to be needed. The Leaky Tikis might be gone for good. Though if it's space they're concerned about; why not remove Aladdin?

Monorail_Red_77

Turning a decorative water feature into a functional stroller parking and bench rest area, per the image above. Not sure if it's more walk room though. Still, it appears to be needed. The Leaky Tikis might be gone for good. Though if it's space they're concerned about; why not remove Aladdin?

They removed the old RC boats in this general area a few years back and now is stroller parking too. The Tiki area is pretty small by comparison. They could probably just turn of the spitting feature and leave the misting on. They already have the spitting camels near here too.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Thank you @dreamfinder and @Monorail_Red_77.

Somehow I was thinking tiki torches, not tiki statues, and was trying to figure out how they were leaking and why it would take so long to refurbish them.
It still doesn't really make sense why it's taking so long. It actually makes no sense. I know this is gonna sound a little doom and gloomy, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is a never ending refurb.

Creathir

Here's the location. To my memory it has been several months. I have always loved these leaky Tikis.

Here's a pic of my father and I back around 1982.
View attachment 280815

This was the area as of Apr 22.
View attachment 280812

Here's the same area as of Feb 25. Tiki's should be on right just under the Jungle Cruise sign.
View attachment 280814
Ya know, they were not in their normal location...

When we were there at the beginning of March, they were across the path in your third picture, facing the path as you walk in from the hub.

Maybe they moved them?

docdebbi

Thank you @dreamfinder and @Monorail_Red_77.

Somehow I was thinking tiki torches, not tiki statues, and was trying to figure out how they were leaking and why it would take so long to refurbish them.

At least you're smarter than I. I immediately went with the Tiki birds, and pictured one of those little suckers pee-ing and envisioning the surprise of the guest sitting beneath it! Maybe because I'm a gynecologist and leaky bladders are my business :eek:

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the leaking tiki's stopped leaking a while ago. I do not remember them doing their thing this past September, and it was HOT. Hope that it is a refresh and their back to spraying guest real soon!

The Empress Lilly

It's just a temporary refurb.

Landscaping-034.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom