Why does it take 3 years to build a ride?

CaptainAmerica

I’m saying safeguards are necessary to combat the biggest construction danger: corner cutting due to greed.

Nobody is immune. Though the process is incredibly flawed - the principle behind is sound and has been proven over the course of the industrial era. Advanced society requires oversight...period.
What the hell are you even talking about? I didn't comment any any of those things. Literally none of them.

Me: The sky is blue.
You: Haha, what an idiot! You're so wrong. How can you claim that grass is purple? Grass is totally green! And Trump sucks! #resist

I never said anything about grass.

Your one word “government” quip represents frosh year/gen ed mentality. Ironman would disapprove.
Lmao. My undergraduate degree is from a top-25 national university. I hold two master's degrees. I have ten years of experience in capital / infrastructure development, including three years in Florida specifically. But sure, "frosh year / gen ed."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lmao. My undergraduate degree is from a top-25 national university. I hold two master's degrees. I have ten years of experience in capital / infrastructure development, including three years in Florida specifically. But sure, "frosh year / gen ed."

Then “Government” was not befitting your education as a reasonable answer...

...Florida thing fits though. Let me guess: not on the technical side?

AdventureHasAName

Then “Government” was not befitting your education as a reasonable answer...

...Florida thing fits though. Let me guess: not on the technical side?

If you go back in the thread, in almost every one of your responses, you attack CaptainAmerica ... and then go on to explain that it all takes longer because of some rule/regulation imposed by government (which is exactly what he said).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you go back in the thread, in almost every one of your responses, you attack CaptainAmerica ... and then go on to explain that it all takes longer because of some rule/regulation imposed by government (which is exactly what he said).

No...I’m saying that is part of the process, but always has been since the construction of WDW. And they did things MUCH faster in the early phases with less equipment. Because they paid to get it done.

I went too hard on him...mea culpa...but I hate “government” as some kinda stupid catchall and it’s such a straw man on this in particular.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have no idea where you've come up with the thought that WDW would become a fertilizer farm. Fertilizer plants are not nearly as profitable or stable as a resort.... so not even sure what you are talking about.

A large portion of the tracts purchased by RETLAW in 1964 contained areas “farmed” for fertilizers...which happen to contain/leave behind toxic levels of compounds...notably phosphates.

RCRA and CERCLA (superfund) passed in 1976 and 1980, would have made that land likely inhabitable without massive cleanup and detoxification If they had existed in the 60’s.

Hence it would have met the characteristic of a public health risk industrial contaminated site...a brownfield...in layman’s terms.

There were a lot cleaned up in Florida in the late 80’s and 90’s...and gosh darn, not as valuable as a resort.
Golly, gee, shucks.

You’ve tiptoed into my neighborhood...and we’re not gonna agree at ALL from what you’ve wrote. But I’m not gonna jack this thread (anymore...sorry, peeps) and get into this...because it’s obvious we are coming from opposite sides of the great salt sea.

I’ll give you a mulligan on the completely uniformed, nasty attack. Happy trails, cowboy.

Last edited:

thomas998

Wow! You're calling an endangered beetle a "worthless little bug".
Yes I am. A lot of animals that are endangered really don't matter in the big scheme of things. Even the larger animals are a bit overblown s to what difference it will make when they are gone. Is it sad that the African Black Rhino is gone? Sure but in the big scheme of things it really didn't matter. You've can still see a stuff one in a museum or watch a video of one which is probably all you would have ever see of them to begin with.

thomas998

To build pipelines...

I just can’t go down this rabbit hole.

Why care about something going forever when the Escalade needs a fill?
I'm assuming you live in Florida, in which case do you enjoy your air conditioning? If you do, you have a pipeline to thank for it because the majority of electricity in Florida is from natural gas that was delivered to the state by "pipelines". Fact is without pipelines your life would be much worse than it is today. The don't just get gas for cars they also get you natural gas for heating and generating electricity... and where do you think water comes from, homes don't come with their own water well they rely on pipelines for water as well. So spare me the pipelines are evil unless you're willing to go live off the land you're life depends on pipelines.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm assuming you live in Florida, in which case do you enjoy your air conditioning? If you do, you have a pipeline to thank for it because the majority of electricity in Florida is from natural gas that was delivered to the state by "pipelines". Fact is without pipelines your life would be much worse than it is today. The don't just get gas for cars they also get you natural gas for heating and generating electricity... and where do you think water comes from, homes don't come with their own water well they rely on pipelines for water as well. So spare me the pipelines are evil unless you're willing to go live off the land you're life depends on pipelines.

Nope. Again...I’ll respectfully agree to disagree.

thomas998

Nope. Again...I’ll respectfully agree to disagree.
Then I'm sure you live in a place that doesn't depend on pipelines. Which can only mean you live in another country and had no clue about anything you've been rambling on about because there isn't a state in this country that doesn't rely on pipelines their people and industry, even the "greenest" state of California relies on them.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
A lot of what you say just doesn't make any sense at all. I have no idea where you've come up with the thought that WDW would become a fertilizer farm. Fertilizer plants are not nearly as profitable or stable as a resort.... so not even sure what you are talking about.
Florida is rich in phosphates... about 50 miles from WDW, in Mulberry, Mosaic runs a very profitable "fertilizer farm." Here's an article that details some of the issues associated with the industry.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
You mean the Empire State Building, which had five deaths among its 3,400 workers during construction?

I think I’ll trade the longer timeline for every worker making it home to their family. No coaster is that important.
Wait. So you think that there will be deaths to workers if a roller coaster is built quicker than three years? Right. Gotcha.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wait. So you think that there will be deaths to workers if a roller coaster is built quicker than three years? Right. Gotcha.

Wait...you don’t see the exact correlation between a second shift in Florida with full PPE and a guy falling 600 feet to the concrete in 1931 when they had beer for lunch and they played games tiptoeing across the I Beams in the wind and rain?

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Wait...you don’t see the exact correlation between a second shift in Florida with full PPE and a guy falling 600 feet to the concrete in 1931 when they had beer for lunch and they played games tiptoeing across the I Beams in the wind and rain?
Thank you for that, I just laughed out loud!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom