which one!

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Studios have a single bed, and a sleeper sofa.
Rooms have two queen size beds.

Depending on your party size, the studio may be fine. I had a reservation for a studio at the Poly, but I was able to change it to a pool view for the very fact that the pool view room had two queen beds.

It boils down to whether you want people to sleep on a sofa bed

harryk

Depends on where you want to be and how much you want to spend or how little you want to spend and how much time you intend to stay in the room. Just shower, sleep and dress - or spend time in room? How many guests?

MickeyMomV

We have never stayed at Saratogo but we just stayed in a Royal Room over thanksgiving and LOVED IT!! That is our new favorite resort. I know a lot of people like French Quarter better but our vote is the mansion area of Riverside.

eliza61nyc

Studios have a single bed, and a sleeper sofa.
Rooms have two queen size beds.

Depending on your party size, the studio may be fine. I had a reservation for a studio at the Poly, but I was able to change it to a pool view for the very fact that the pool view room had two queen beds.

It boils down to whether you want people to sleep on a sofa bed

WHAT!! I swear I just called member services to see about getting a studio at SSR not 2 hours ago. Cast member told me there was 1 Queen and a double sized pull out bed.

Grrrr. now I have to call back and check again.

Weather_Lady

WHAT!! I swear I just called member services to see about getting a studio at SSR not 2 hours ago. Cast member told me there was 1 Queen and a double sized pull out bed.

Grrrr. now I have to call back and check again.

By "single" bed, I think the poster you're responding to meant, there is "one" proper bed in the room (which is queen-sized) as opposed to two beds, like you'd find in a standard room. "Single" wasn't a reference to the size of that bed (as in a twin bed).

In other words, the CM with whom you spoke was correct. The differences between the PORS royal room and the SS studio are primarily that the SS studio offers a balcony/patio and a kitchenette (cabinet storage, dishes and cutlery, fridge, coffeemaker, toaster, microwave), but substitutes a foldout sofa for the second bed. In the PORS royal room, you'll get two beds, but no kitchenette (coffeemaker and fridge only) and no balcony/patio.

Personally, all other things being equal, I'd pick a studio over a standard room every time because we love having our morning coffee on the balcony/patio and we get a lot of use out of a kitchenette to prepare breakfast and reheat leftovers, plus my kids are as happy on a foldout as they would be in a bed. In this case, the studio is 345 SF -- about 40 SF larger that the PORS room, so you'll have a little extra space to breathe.

Floor-Plan-Royal-Room-Disneys-Port-Orleans-Riverside-Resort-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

SSR-Studio.png

Last edited:

DarthVader

Sith Lord
By "single" bed, I think the poster you're responding to meant, there is "one" proper bed in the room (which is queen-sized) as opposed to two beds, like you'd find in a standard room. "Single" wasn't a reference to the size of that bed (as in a twin bed).

Yes, one queen sized bed, one sleeper sofa (a pull out bed in a couch). I've spent time at resorts that had a sleeper sofa (not disney) and they're not that comfortable. There's also a twin-sized murphy bed, that's really something only a child can sleep in

eliza61nyc

Yes, one queen sized bed, one sleeper sofa (a pull out bed in a couch). I've spent time at resorts that had a sleeper sofa (not disney) and they're not that comfortable. There's also a twin-sized murphy bed, that's really something only a child can sleep in

lol, you were trying to make sure I was awake. I was about to panic because I booked a small weekend trip for some friends and they are "pooh" size. definitely need a queen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom