News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

UncleMike101

I emailed last Thursday and the same lady calling on behalf of the Bobs and George has called me Friday, Tuesday and today. She's left really long messages each time and seems to really want to talk. I'll call her tomorrow and report back.
I believe they're trying to gauge the responses of some of us to determine if this is a potentially damaging move on their part or just a flash in the pan. As kylewr86 said, everyone needs to call, write, or email and let Disney know that we are serious about this.

HauntedMansionFLA

I love this forum.

Everyone's run out of steam being mad at the parking fees, so now it's time to work on being pre-mad at something that there is no indication is going to happen in the near future.
The public has a two week attention span and then they are on to the next thing to get up in arms about. @Sirwalterraleigh - Do you think the 724 stock market point drop today has people on edge?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The public has a two week attention span and then they are on to the next thing to get up in arms about. @Sirwalterraleigh - Do you think the 724 stock market point drop today has people on edge?

I say "come, baby, come"...we are WAY overdue for a downturn...that's just the simple facts...

It's been 9 years since a botttomout. The movers will start to bail out this time if things aren't looking good.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We are on a bubble again. Parking fees will be overlooked.

So I've brought this up before...anyone remember the "$1600 for a week?!?...we can afford that!!" Commercials circa 2010-2011 during the rock bottom?

Well I saw this today and I thought it says a lot:

Attachments

• IMG_8053.PNG
    IMG_8053.PNG
    320.7 KB · Views: 238

HauntedMansionFLA

So I've brought this up before...anyone remember the "$1600 for a week?!?...we can afford that!!" Commercials circa 2010-2011 during the rock bottom?

Well I saw this today and I thought it says a lot:
Good lord that’s crazy. That’s what we paid for a week at AKL back in 2005 with empty parks to ride attractions over and over. This summer and early fall will be interesting. When does the gondola system open up? Just think of the price hikes when we get close to opening SW:GE????:eek::eek:

HauntedMansionFLA

You know...by the time SW: PF opens...what will kennedy and lens flare have done to the franchise? I'm serious...this is not trending well.
I have a good feeling about Howard’s Solo. I believe JJ will try to go back to the storyline he had mapped out for episode 8 and things will be messy. I still think they should have embraced the iconic characters of the original trilogy in the land.
More fees at the resorts and higher per night rates are coming. Easy way to make bigger profits.
Wait till you have to pay extra for FP and EMH.

mikejs78

Premium Member
My guess - January 1, 2019 = Debut of the Disney Resort Fee©. After the backlash from the Disney Parking Fee© fiasco, it probably won't be announced and it will be quietly added to new reservations at first, but it won't take long for word to spread.
I am thinking that after the parking fee fiasco they will forgo the resort fee and just raise resort rates an extra $25-50 more than they were planning.

mikejs78

Premium Member
If they didn't know this would blow up then they are more out of touch with their customer base and inept than @ford91exploder gives them credit for. A 1st year business student could see tacking a parking fee on top of their exorbitant room rates would be met with a hue and cry unlike what has been seen in Celebration to this point.
Really a bunch of BS delivered by a seasoned "fixer.
I can see how it happened though. Sometimes companies make decisions with false assumptions. They may have assumed that because there wasn't outrage at DLR when they added parking fees, and because most of the other Orlando hotels did it that they would be fine after some initial blowback. They were wrong of course, but I can see how they could have thought that.

CAV

Translation: We don’t give a flying (you know what) about your thoughts on the overnight resort parking fee. Pay it or kiss our @$$ , or both. Either one will be happily be accepted.

Warmest regards (LMAO)

Anyways, that’s exactly the type of sorry BS response that I would expect for them to make regarding this matter. Am surprised that they actually responded back to you.
Meanwhile, Chapek and Iger are still hiding under their desks; too gutless to make a few calls and face the anger they caused.

LSLS

If they didn't know this would blow up then they are more out of touch with their customer base and inept than @ford91exploder gives them credit for. A 1st year business student could see tacking a parking fee on top of their exorbitant room rates would be met with a hue and cry unlike what has been seen in Celebration to this point.
Really a bunch of BS delivered by a seasoned "fixer.

They knew it would blow up to an extent. Things blew up when they announced tier pricing. Things blew up when they announced dogs to resorts. Things blew up when they basically gutted Caribbean Beach and offered nothing to the people who had already booked there (which was changed, probably due to similar outcry). But usually things die down, and while a few hit their breaking points, most accepted it. My guess is they expected the same here. As it has been stated before, you pay for parking at Disneyland and Universal, so my guess is they thought people would grumble for a few days, but enough Disney fans would accept it like usual (losing a few people, but having that made up in all the additional revenue). My guess is they did not expect 60,000 1* reviews, 183 pages and count of near unanimous anger on this board (sure there it is similar on most other boards), multiple people cancelling reservations out of principle (and not small ones, we have seen people saying they are cancelling $700-$900 a night rooms), many people claiming that's it, they will not stay on site anymore, etc. To me, this is just a further example that this was simply some executives thinking this was a quick easy way to increase revenue and they figured they were further from that line people draw than they really are. I don't think Disney expected no backlash, I think they thought they were further from a customer breaking point, especially with the reports of wait times being inflated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom