Frozen Show Down

Jaison

Original Poster
I am travelling to Disneyland for our spring break (April 2 - 5) and was shocked to find out that the Frozen show will not be running that week. Is this normal? I would have thought being spring break season the shows would all be running. i mean the main WoC, Fantasmic, and fireworks are, but not DCA's premier show?

Jaison

Original Poster
They might be using it for Grad Night stuff. Besides, performers get time off too.

I guess that makes sense, just odd it would be during spring break time. I was quite disappointed as I have yet to see a show in the Hyperion, always seems to be down when I visit which is a shame as people say its close to Broadway quality.

Thank You for the reply!

GiveMeTheMusic

I guess that makes sense, just odd it would be during spring break time. I was quite disappointed as I have yet to see a show in the Hyperion, always seems to be down when I visit which is a shame as people say its close to Broadway quality.

Thank You for the reply!

I don't think the show will be down, but its schedule has not been posted yet. The Frozen schedule is tumultuous due to the number of performers needed, so it is usually the last to show up on the site. I'm 99% sure you'll be able to catch the show during your trip.

Last edited:

Jaison

Original Poster
I don't think the show will be down, but it's schedule has not been posted yet. The Frozen schedule is tumultuous due to the number of performers needed, so it is usually the last to show up on the site. I'm 99% sure you'll be able to catch the show during your trip.

This is great news! I hope your right. Thank You for the response! You seem to know more than the Disney call center, which is why I am on the forum.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I fell asleep about 20 minutes into the Frozen play. But then again, I don't like M:B like a lot of others do. To each their own.

OP you said you've never seen a play at the Hyperion theater. That's probably a plus as Aladdin did set a really high bar.

Jaison

Original Poster
I fell asleep about 20 minutes into the Frozen play. But then again, I don't like M:B like a lot of others do. To each their own.

OP you said you've never seen a play at the Hyperion theater. That's probably a plus as Aladdin did set a really high bar.

I am super bummed I never got to experience the Aladdin show ... Watched a few youtube captures which im sure didnt do it justice.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I am super bummed I never got to experience the Aladdin show ... Watched a few youtube captures which im sure didnt do it justice.

It was fun! I'm usually not a fan of Broadway-style shows, but it had that style with the addition of great comedy from Genie. Genie was always brilliant and the jokes were relevant. I didn't find any pleasure in watching Frozen but that's just me. It followed the story and the comedy just wasn't there. If you enjoy watching shows then honestly i'm sure you'll enjoy it! I don't wanna dissuade you.

Phroobar

I did a nice one a few years ago. I thought someone should capture the show properly for posterity. This is an old test section only:

I'll have the full show up in a month or three. It captures Aladdin a lot better than the standard YouTube fare.

Is it just me or is Magic Carpet really cute?

Macro

Is it just me or is Magic Carpet really cute?
The Carpet in the video is extremely cute.

Carpet_IMG_2856.jpg

But this one wins the all-time cuteness derby.

Old Mouseketeer

I don't think the show will be down, but its schedule has not been posted yet. The Frozen schedule is tumultuous due to the number of performers needed, so it is usually the last to show up on the site. I'm 99% sure you'll be able to catch the show during your trip.

I have a theater friend who just hired in as a tech. He said they have been really short on techs and over the past few months shows have been cancelled all over the resort, including Frozen, Disney Jr., and Magical Map. Sometimes it's only one or two shows out of the day, but it happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom