News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

Scuttle

Value resorts will pay less for parking than deluxe resorts. Guess they use cheaper asphalt to pave the parking lot at the value resorts
Sickening... I don't know why I actually thought that this was about stopping day guests from parking at the resorts all day and visiting the parks without doing anything at the hotel. (I am in favor of being able to visit the bar with free parking) This is simply a total money grab. No other way about it.

21stamps

Sickening... I don't know why I actually thought that this was about stopping day guests from parking at the resorts all day and visiting the parks without doing anything at the hotel. (I am in favor of being able to visit the bar with free parking) This is simply a total money grab. No other way about it.

I agree. There’s a problem with parking at resorts.. but this new fee doesn’t address it at all.
I’d rather see all of the resorts switch to valet only for all guests rather than this.

Mainahman

The way it is we get a trip usually every 6 years due to costs. My wife wants to be in the disney bubble, but this may change her mind. the next trip we were planning was to be next year, the 2 of us. a week at Wilderness lodge, 5 day park tickets, dining etc. We drive so tack on another close to 200 putting our amount due to like 4500.

If i pay my own food, grab a hotel and tickets via my employers discount im looking at before food and gas to drive, 1186, and thats with free parking at said hotel... if we stayed offsite and drove in every day, a park a day, we could go yearly if not twice....

CJR

Really, I find this to be hilarious. It's the exact opposite of what they should be doing. Really, they should be charging day guests visiting and giving complimentary parking to hotel guests. It shows to me that they don't really care if people come and park for free, they're just looking for "easy money" from people already spending lots of it.

Darth_Wes

I literally just received this about 10 minutes before reviewing this thread.
News  Overnight Self Parking at Disney Resort Hotels at Walt Disney World Resort   Disney Trav...png

DisneyJoe

Tech answer - long range scan for MagicBand coming into each resort, comparing it against the resort guest list - take a photo of the car with license, flip flag on guest record that they have a car, automatically charge them for it. Somehow detect Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van/Taxi.

Not sure how to handle those without MB...

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
OVERNIGHT SELF-PARKING AT DISNEY RESORT HOTELS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD® RESORT
Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.

Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking:
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.

Disney Vacation Club:
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Day Guests:
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

Hurry and make your reservations now!!! You have one week left to book your next Disney vacation with NO PARKING FEES!!! (Why not go ahead and book two or three trips now? Think of the money you will be saving!!!)

21stamps

Hurry and make your reservations now!!! You have one week left to book your next Disney vacation with NO PARKING FEES!!! (Why not go ahead and book two or three trips now? Think of the money you will be saving!!!)

Right?lol. At least they announced it before reservations were made.. gave people time to hurry up and book..

...and... prevented an onslaught of incoming calls of complaints.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If you read all my posts I clearly don't approve of parking fees or Disney doing it ;) But thanks for pulling out that one statement in attempt at .... what? lol

One statement? Please don't try to paint this as twisting your words... I quoted your post in its entirety.

Should I include the similar lines in the post just before?

Many hotels charge for parking though. And no one blinks an eye (where's the outrage at Universal, who does this). I don't support this decision at all, but just saying

Point is.. you keep downplaying the change as 'the norm' - even if you don't support it. But its still justifying it. My point is, if you just accept the 'norm' that's what you will get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom