Coronado Springs

Disneyratboygenious

Original Poster
We are planning a trip for the summer. I’m looking to staying at Coronado Springs (CSR). I don’t know much about it but the pool and rooms look nice. We won’t be spending much time at the resort, but we still want nice rooms. I want all opinions, good and bad.

BoarderPhreak

Yes the impact on facilities is less, but it is a very visible huge construction site that will be seen every time you are at the resort. It is right at the main entrance, and of course very tall.
True, but to quote the OP's sentiment in the original thread, "We won’t be spending much time at the resort..." and "We don’t want to stay at a resort that won’t cost us too too much."

wwmmd

I just got back from CS on Sunday. While, yes, there is construction, it was not bothersome at all. It's still a beautiful resort and everything is up and running as usual (minus the surrey bikes). If you want to stay at a nice moderate while it's still a little cheaper than the others because of the construction I'd say go for it.

Elfinko

Our first Disney stay was a CSR in 2014. I have mixed feelings about CSR. It's a very nice resort. Being a Disney newbie, it wasn't what I expected from Disney vacation spot. It felt very low key, quiet and almost business like...kinda dead if you want my honest opinion, lol. Contrast that with our last stay at PoP, which was on the other end of the spectrum vibe-wise. So, I guess it depends on what type of atmosphere you're looking for really.

The main pool was something else. I haven't seen many other Disney resort pools, but the Mayan theme and temple were pretty amazing. Hot tub and water slide included. When we were there, the pool was a bit crowded with teens from a cheerleading contest and some others were athletes from another event. There were some visible fireworks from the pool at night, I believe from Hollywood Studios.

The place is big. Like 4 bus stops big. We were fortunate to get a room in a courtyard that overlooked a nice water feature and it was just a couple minutes walk from the food court area, just to the west of the main entrance. I was told we were 'upgraded' when we checked in, so that was a blessing I guess. On the other hand, there are rooms that seem quite far from main area facing parking lots. Now, to me, this is a big contrast in experiences depending on room selection and I would probably pay more for the courtyard / lake facing room closer to the food court every time. Not to mention, I don't want a 10 minute walk every time I want to refill my drink cup.

The lake is awesome. It's the most peaceful thing in the world to walk around at night.

There is a bar and full service restaurant. We didn't use either one, so I can't really comment. The food court was pretty standard Disney. Clean, not too loud either.

Buzz2001

The tower project is limited to one section of the resort so it doesn't have a huge impact compared to the work at CBR. They are in the process of creating the restaurant on the lake and doing room renovations as well. There are quite a few YouTube videos showing the resort in the different sages and you will see that it is not a huge impact. The pool is not effected at all.

Much-Pixie-Dust

Just did a split stay there in mid February. Only regret was not staying there the entire time. We moved to AKL. Room refurbs are great. Pool not impacted, nor is food. CSR has some excellent food options IMO. Yes, you will see cranes and construction, but that’s it. I am picky and I loved it. This is our third time staying at resort.

Amos1784

Coronado is the one Disney resort I would not return to, for what it is worth. The bus service was absolutely horrendous to where I had to write a complaint to Guest Services. I've been to Disney probably 40+ times and never lodged a formal complaint about anything and have stayed at all levels of hotels value to deluxe to DVC. The resort to us felt very stale, granted we knew this going in that it is a "convention hotel" however we got a great rate so decided to give it a try and it lived up to the reputation. If your choosing moderate I would highly suggest Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside. Just my opinion but I would take Pop as as a value especially with the refurbed rooms over Coronado anyday.

pug

We are planning a trip for the summer. I’m looking to staying at Coronado Springs (CSR). I don’t know much about it but the pool and rooms look nice. We won’t be spending much time at the resort, but we still want nice rooms. I want all opinions, good and bad.
Well I got a new room (Preferred King) and I must say that the new rooms are wonderful. But I had a lot of quality issues. I tried 3 different rooms but they all had sticky yucky hardwood floors. Each room had its own issues. One room had a lot of construction dust left over in it. Another room had hairs in the bathroom area. I asked to see a 4th room to see if that one would have been any better but they told me that they were sold and those 3 are the only rooms they had left. Mind you this was over New Years Eve so I understand having limited options. They offered to “Deep Clean” one of the 3 rooms and give me a credit for one night. Which I took and I had them clean the first room because it was the least dirtiest and had the best location. I left them a note on what needed to be cleaned. I came back from the park at 1:00 am and found that some things had not been cleaned. For Example the K-Cup machine still had a used K-Cup in it. I talked to a manager in the morning and he told me that he would make sure the issues were taken care of. Long story short I came back from the park that day to find a Gift basket on the desk with a note from the Manager. At this point I was happy because even though I had to go though a bunch a holes to finally end up with a clean room they made the issue right. Because at this point I had a credit for one night which was around $350 and a very nice gift basket which had about $100 of value. So in the end I wouldn’t go out of my way to stay at Coronado again but if the price Is right I would. It’s still better then CBR in my opinion. Hope this helps!

pug

Coronado is the one Disney resort I would not return to, for what it is worth. The bus service was absolutely horrendous to where I had to write a complaint to Guest Services. I've been to Disney probably 40+ times and never lodged a formal complaint about anything and have stayed at all levels of hotels value to deluxe to DVC. The resort to us felt very stale, granted we knew this going in that it is a "convention hotel" however we got a great rate so decided to give it a try and it lived up to the reputation. If your choosing moderate I would highly suggest Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside. Just my opinion but I would take Pop as as a value especially with the refurbed rooms over Coronado anyday.
This is Exactly the way I feel.

pug

Just did a split stay there in mid February. Only regret was not staying there the entire time. We moved to AKL. Room refurbs are great. Pool not impacted, nor is food. CSR has some excellent food options IMO. Yes, you will see cranes and construction, but that’s it. I am picky and I loved it. This is our third time staying at resort.
Well AKL rooms are getting a bit run down.

Brian

As long as you're not in the Cabanas section, you shouldn't hear anything related to the refurbishment. We just stayed in Ranchos for a few nights and didn't hear a thing. The refurbished rooms are lovely.

pug

As long as you're not in the Cabanas section, you shouldn't hear anything related to the refurbishment. We just stayed in Ranchos for a few nights and didn't hear a thing. The refurbished rooms are lovely.
They are painting the buildings I believe since that is not part of the refurb.

Disneyratboygenious

Original Poster
We won’t be doing any of the port Orleans hotels as we live in New Orleans and it would be fake and stressful sense my family is ocd about the perfection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom