What’s your favourite things to do at Disney

mergatroid

I wake up earlier than the rest of my family and I like to go down to the lobby and sit and read the days news on my phone, but also I like to watch other people getting ready to go to the park, or go to eat or do what I am doing and just watch others. Everyone has the whole day a head of them and there is so much potential for everyone to have fun.

Me too but they often call security and then my wife goes mad at me :oops:

GVentola

Magic Kingdom: ride Haunted Mansion. Watch the gulls, ibis, and egrets in Frontierland, not knowing how out of place they look. ("Sea Gulls of the Old West!" I say.) Check out the Confectionery on Main Street. Ride the People Mover. Eat at Columbia Harbour House.

Epcot: See American Adventure. See a band or artist I like during the festival concerts. Eat at San Angel Inn and watch the Gran Fiesta boats go by.

Disney's Hollywood Studios: Check out Sweet Spells candy store. Watch Fantasmic. Have the antipasto salad at PizzeRizzo.

Animal Kingdom: Ride DINOSAUR. Check out Zuri's Sweet Shop. Yeah, I like checking out candy stores. I am usually disappointed in the offerings at all candy shops and don't necessarily get anything, but that doesn't stop me from checking them out every visit.

Disney Springs: dine at a new restaurant or revisit one I haven't been to in years.

Mainahman

Yes, there is no feeling like finally arriving after months of anticipation. And it isn't just pulling into the resort: it's seeing green Central Florida scrubland and landscaped palms and gardens out the window as the plane descends after a boring flight, touching down in the still-sunny late afternoon and knowing it will be sunset by the time you get to the hotel, feeling just the tiniest kiss of warm air while exiting the plane and stepping onto the jet bridge, walking through the airport toward the Magical Express wearing winter jeans and sweaters, meeting your first cast members outside the ME boarding area (your first Disney queue of the trip!), boarding and finally setting off for Walt Disney World, partially watching the choppy / needs-to-be-updated Magical Express video but mostly looking out the window at the houses, schools, businesses just on the outskirts of Disney Word and wondering what it is like to live there, entering the property feeling you know the way but being mistaken as the bus turns off in an unexpected direction, and then finally pulling into the resort and disembarking into the warmth to walk through the entrance and lobby past cheerful families well into their vacation mode wearing swim shorts and flip flops and carrying refillable drink mugs -that's when the last bit of stress finally leaves (you'll build some more up in the week to come, of course) and it's enough for me just to sit around the resort that evening and soak it in.
This may or may not of made me tear up and remember this friday evening we start the drive to the world!

danyoung56

{Beverly} - the italian drink at the international coca cola taste testing in epcot. it tastes like what depression feels like

I never heard it splained that way, but it works.

My favorite routine at WDW is to have a few martinis at the Rose & Crown, watch IllumiNations from in front of the Canada pavilion, and then walk counter-clockwise around the World Showcase Lagoon. By the time you hit around Japan the crowds start thinning out, and you can enjoy a leisurely walk out without any people around!

jloucks

The first walk up Main Street of course. But I also like arriving at night in our on site hotel room and that feeling going to sleep the first night, knowing what is about to happen to you. Pure bliss.

Now that you have me thinking about it, all the first things you do on arrival. The walk into the hotel. Boarding the bus to the park in the morning. The first fancy meal. Approaching the gate to the park. All great.

eliza61nyc

for me it's all about the resorts and sounds

I'm a morning person and one of my favorite things is to wake up early, get some coffee and a pastry and watch the world wake up.

One thing Disney does and does well is immersion. lol waking up and going over the the Boardwalk bakery. sit outside, you'll hear the soft music being played, you may hear a boat horn. the sun coming over the Yacht club. OMG heaven.

or stay at the Wilderness lodge, get up early, listen to the sounds while you chill. the geyser erupting every so often, children laughing or crying.

mmelka

MK: Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain - though I will say that I prefer all 3 rides at DL more.
EP: Drinking beer around the world, and exploring all of the pavilions - except America since I live here.
AK: Watching the animals, Pandora, having lunch at Yak & Yeti, Expedition Everest, complaining how Dinosaur should just be Indiana Jones.
HS: The fireworks are my favorite due to the Star Wars theme. Still always smile on Star Tours.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
One of my favorite things (out of many) to do is to open the door to my room for the first time. Arriving at WDW knowing we have a full week in front of us, puts a smile on my face. Likewise (can I post two?), walking down Main Street and seeing the castle in the background. That never gets old

Mjt5126

Taking it in overall but nothing better than going down that little hill on splash and coming into the cave with “how do you do?” You aren’t going to find that type of ride/experience elsehwhere

PSM

Riding Space Mountain - including the walk there from the entrance of the park and then waiting in the queue - is probably my all time favorite thing to do at Disney World. It's the very first thing that pops into my head when someone mentions a Disney trip and I start to think about my past and future trips.

My brother and I went a lot as kids and our first day of the trip was always at Magic Kingdom. Once we got through the gates, we typically made a B-line for Tomorrowland down Main Street USA, through the Tomorrowland Terrace, and around the rockets to try to get on Space Mountain before the line got too long. It was almost like the trip didn't really start until we were in that queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom