News What do you think about the new "Foot Golf" at Oak Trail Golf Course?

StarkelBL

Original Poster
Foot golf was just announced at the Oak Trail Golf Course. Families can now kick their soccer balls around the golf course in between groups of golfers after 11AM. Has anybody experienced this type of thing at another golf course? It seems like it would seriously diminish the golfing experience for actual golfers. Maybe Disney is encouraging golfers to use one of their other, more expensive courses by incorporating the "Foot Golf"?

UKDisney Dave

I’ve done foot golf. Quite a fun day out, and I’m not a fan of football (or soccer as you call it across the pond). I doubt it’s on the same course as the golf, as the holes are much larger and the fairways quite a lot shorter than a regular golf course. So regular golfers and foot golfers should be separated.

Unless Disney has a magical way of making the holes change size depending upon what ball your using. Now that would be something!

No Name

I love foot golf!

It shouldn't be a logistical problem. The only personal issue you may have is it being not as classy. I don't see why golf is the only sport that can or should be played on a golf course but I know not everyone agrees.

I’ve done foot golf. Quite a fun day out, and I’m not a fan of football (or soccer as you call it across the pond). I doubt it’s on the same course as the golf, as the holes are much larger and the fairways quite a lot shorter than a regular golf course. So regular golfers and foot golfers should be separated.

Unless Disney has a magical way of making the holes change size depending upon what ball your using. Now that would be something!

It's on the same course but doesn't follow the grass heights. Here's a map of each:
1519253072508.png
1519253095033.png

Jimmy Thick

YES!

Foot golf rocks, having the chance to play at WDW is a great development.

All I can add is don’t knock it until you try it, by the third hole your competitive juices are flowing so strong you’ll want to play all day.

WDW Guru

Ive tried FootGolf twice in Maryland and I love it. Will I take time out of my vacation to play it on a hot summer day in Florida when I can go to the parks instead? Doubt it. FootGolf is a great activity but not a huge draw like golf is and it will be interesting to see how many people it can draw.

Biff215

Interesting. Let's be honest, if they're giving this a try, clearly there aren't too many traditional golfers swarming the course each day. If the two can coexist, why not? I agree that it's not really what I think about doing while on vacation, but maybe CM's or locals will. It's definitely something I'd try with friends here at home.

NeedMoreMickey

I think it’s a wonderful idea. I listen to PGA radio on SiriusXM (yes I’m odd) and some courses have found this is a great way to introduce kids to golf and it’s actually help growing the game of golf

Bender123

:banghead: Why is this a thing. Imo, it's kind of tacky that something like that is going on at a world-class golf course.

Oak Trail has always been the "family/kid friendly" course. Its not the Palm or Magnolia and is only 9 holes. I remember many many rounds on it in the 80s.

As for Foot Golf, the holes are normally parallel to the normal holes and far off the greens. In the courses I have played that have both, its barely even noticeable.

21stamps

Does everyone who plays "foot golf" get a participation ribbon?

No, it’s so much fun and still highly competitive. Try it!
Oak Trail has always been the "family/kid friendly" course. Its not the Palm or Magnolia and is only 9 holes. I remember many many rounds on it in the 80s.

As for Foot Golf, the holes are normally parallel to the normal holes and far off the greens. In the courses I have played that have both, its barely even noticeable.
:banghead: Why is this a thing. Imo, it's kind of tacky that something like that is going on at a world-class golf course.

..and it actually is played on many “world class courses”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom