Black Panther M&G coming in 2018

mickEblu

After seeing the movie I have to say that if I had a choice I wouldn’t mind walking the streets and seeing what WDI could do ignore given the right budget to bring to life the world of Wakanda.
Looked like an amazing mixture of African culture with great futuristic state of the art structures and technology. Probably could had fit DAK nicely and I will be hated for saying this but would even fit as a replacement for tomorrowland.
All the cool structures, transportation and green landscape would defiantly look better than the neglected buildings we have now

I haven’t seen the movie or have any idea what it’s about but when I think of what Tomorrowland should be its those 3 things... cool futuristic architecture, kinetic energy (transportation) and green landscaping integrated seamlessly throughout the land/ structures. Now I wouldn’t want a single IP Tomorrowland but I wouldnt mind if they borrowed some ideas from the movie.

Ismael Flores

I haven’t seen the movie or have any idea what it’s about but when I think of what Tomorrowland should be its those 3 things... cool futuristic architecture, kinetic energy (transportation) and green landscaping integrated seamlessly throughout the land/ structures. Now I wouldn’t want a single IP Tomorrowland but I wouldnt mind if they borrowed some ideas from the movie.

Yes I had just edited my last post with that concern. Limitation of theme.

Wont give any spoilers but I have to say that some scenes in Wakanda reminded me of some of the concept art for SGE Except that instead of all the rockwork the city had futuristic buildings topped and details of an African culture blended all nicely in a gorgeous natural habitat.

It really would be an impressive backdrop for the African section of DAK

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Wakanda (where the character is from) is a fictional African country. AK has an Africa section.

Therefore, $ynergy.

So anything that exists or fictionally exists in Africa fits? No, that doesn't make sense. There has to be more that's causing people to think it's a good fit for DAK. And given how it's apparently the fact that the lead character dresses up as a black panther makes me laugh.

I don't agree that Pandora fits in the least bit either, by the way.

Possible new slogan....

Disney's Animal Kingdom, where we pay homage to the beautiful animals in our world, and the beautiful men who like to dress up as them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Probably could had fit DAK nicely and I will be hated for saying this but would even fit as a replacement for tomorrowland.
All the cool structures, transportation and green landscape would defiantly look better than the neglected buildings we have now

At this point I'd welcome it. Almost anything to change the current Tomorrowland programming would be endorsed by me.

lazyboy97o

I’m honestly not sure if Black Panther is available for use at WDW. If he is, you can bet your bottom dollar on the most inappropriate placement possible.

My guess would be a Wakanda pavilion in World Showcase.
Thankfully Black Panther was an Avenger so he should be Universal's. Then again, I still think Universal should have demanded to see an arbitrator the day the trailer for Infinity War was released.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thankfully Black Panther was an Avenger so he should be Universal's. Then again, I still think Universal should have demanded to see an arbitrator the day the trailer for Infinity War was released.

The original GotG were part of the Avengers as well. But Disney found a way around that to bring GotG to Epcot. You'd think if Universal was being so strict on the "family" aspect of the contract that they prevent even the name GotG from being used.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way around Black Panther being an Avenger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom