Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbaker84

It was just a joke man. No need to get your panties up in a bunch.

I just find it funny that you guys are throwing shade at PTN when WDW has 4 THEME PARKS and yet has 0 NIGHTTIME PARADES currently running.
Quite right, the nighttime parade was great for two reasons, many people liked and wanted to see it and those who didn't wish to see it benefitted from lighter crowds at other attractions before and during it's procession. Hopefully WDW have something in the pipeline to rectify the current situation.

Because we don’t want a hot gaudy mess parading down our Main Street
If we had our own hot gaudy mess we would have something extra to see as well as keeping main street unblocked for a while longer (apart from the 15 minutes or so that it runs) before HEA.

Last edited:

brb1006

I still remember the SAD STORIES about guests at the Magic Kingdom who would congregate in the evening to watch in excitement the nighttime parade. This was right after the POWERS-THAT-BE decided to put an end to it.

The 7 non-parade nighttime shows WASN'T ENOUGH for these guests. I don't blame them.

The guests waited & waited & waited. They were waiting for an absolution that would never come.

And WDW MANAGEMENT be like...

tenor.gif
I seen photos of guests actually waiting weeks after MSEP left. They weren't used to WDW not having a night parade.

Brad Bishop

If you think about the reason they added the nighttime parades/shows: To get guests to stay after dark and spend money on dining and other merchandise, then you could definitely make an argument now that a nighttime parade not only isn't needed but is a logistical nightmare with the current nighttime crowds.

The fact is: They really don't need a nighttime parade. People are staying anyway.

Kman101

It was just a joke man. No need to get your panties up in a bunch.

I just find it funny that you guys are throwing shade at PTN when WDW has 4 THEME PARKS and yet has 0 NIGHTTIME PARADES currently running.

LOL I know. I wasn't getting worked up :)

IDK, I feel like I can throw shade regardless of whether WDW's four parks has a parade or not. Because Disneyland went without, we just accept what we get and praise it to high heaven? I'd rank many parades before it. It's not bad. I don't hate it. I don't see why it's bothersome if some of us aren't a fan of the parade? It seems to really rile the DLer's up if we don't like Paint the Night. I don't get it. I actually like the soundtrack and some of the floats are nice, but it just doesn't come together for me like Spectromagic, Main Street Electrical Parade, Dreamlights .... Paint the Night never felt like "Disneyland" to me. It fits DCA though.

So because WDW has no parade I have no room to talk and throw shade? I disagree on that one lol. But it's really not that serious. I'd also likely feel the same way if MK debuted Paint the Night.

CaptainAmerica

But you're not everyone.
What's your problem? When did I claim to be "everyone"? I shared MY opinion, which I'm entitled to as much as anyone else.

With careful planning, you can avoid being "disrupted" by parades.
No, you can't. Not if you have small children and want to leave the park anywhere between 8:00 and midnight. There's no way to comfortably egress the Magic Kingdom on a parade night, period.

EricsBiscuit

What's your problem? When did I claim to be "everyone"? I shared MY opinion, which I'm entitled to as much as anyone else.

No, you can't. Not if you have small children and want to leave the park anywhere between 8:00 and midnight. There's no way to comfortably egress the Magic Kingdom on a parade night, period.
There's this place called Town Square. I hear it's near the exit.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
you could definitely make an argument now that a nighttime parade not only isn't needed but is a logistical nightmare with the current nighttime crowds.

Ain't that the truth. While the parades at the Halloween and Christmas parties are fantastic (100 times better than MSEP), they create such a mess in conjunction with the stage show and fireworks.

TTA94

The possibility of WDW getting a visit of Paint The Night or MSEP again before the 50th, or the 50th itself probably shouldn’t be ruled out. That would unfortunately be a cheaper route for WDW than building a brand new parade, and they are all about being cheap :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom