Where is Walt's plane? UPDATE - Coming to D23 2022

Goofyernmost

Why did they paint it?
Most people did not know that it was originally that color. It would be less conspicuous painted that dull tan. Or maybe they are planning to put it someplace eventually. I guess we will just have to wait and see until some insider information comes to the surface.

joecap393

What if they are NOT painting it, but are perhaps just removing any recognizable markings (the Blue paint) of what it was, and the orange is just underneath?

Goofyernmost

Are you speculating, or have you seen these photos?
Seems like I remember pictures of that when it arrived at WDW. After it landed on World Drive, it was taxied, I believe, to the old STOLport, where it was "de-winged and trucked inside. Stripped of all it's useful equipment and placed and rebuilt on the DHS site in the old back-lot area. Keep in mind this is a memory, but, I don't remember where I read it or when, however, if true it might be the photos that are being referred too. I am almost positive that nothing new came out after it was taken out, surely we would all have remembered that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Seems like I remember pictures of that when it arrived at WDW. After it landed on World Drive, it was taxied, I believe, to the old STOLport, where it was "de-winged and trucked inside. Stripped of all it's useful equipment and placed and rebuilt on the DHS site in the old back-lot area. Keep in mind this is a memory, but, I don't remember where I read it or when, however, if true it might be the photos that are being referred too. I am almost positive that nothing new came out after it was taken out, surely we would all have remembered that.

Yeah, we even had an discussion hear about it because people were surprised there were no pictures of it being removed.

Goofyernmost

Actually the helicopter sounds quite believable. From what I have read, the plane really is nothing but a shell. The engines were removed when it arrived at WDW, the interior was gutted and usable instruments, etc. were removed. The heaviest part of the whole plane are the tires. It seems very possible that they put some slings on the underside of the plane and simply lifted it up via helicopter and move that short distance all in the cover of night. Simple task really.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
hqdefault.jpg

Something like this I guess

Goofyernmost

I can't imagine something like that happening and no one saw or heard it never mind able to photograph it...
I can! It's night time, it's dark out, it's very late, half way between sunset and sunrise, people are mostly sleeping. There are helicopters flying around the area all the time, not an unusual sound. You would have to have one powerful flash to take a picture during that time and it is very likely that it happened without anyone being aware of what was going on. It doesn't seem like we have to call in Hercule Poirot to solve this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom