Animal Kingdom Map Images

KrazyKat

Original Poster
I was looking at Google’s/mapquest’s most recent pictures and noticed that the rather large parcel in the northern part of AK has been going through some changes. Do any insiders know what it is they are doing there? Doesn’t necessarily mean something new is being possibly planned but just wondering why they are moving so much dirt around. May have to do with planting food for the animals or something as simple as just storing. Could be anything.
AF761F35-271F-4E7E-BCBA-0DA1F62BC4BC.jpeg
986FB108-FD1A-4EC6-B89F-1FF54063C143.jpeg

MerlinTheGoat

This area seems like it's always kept in a state of upheaval. Seems like they use it for various things like testing, storage or other backstage related tasks. I doubt they're planning anything attraction wise. I'm sad they never went through with the Tiger River safari concept planned for this space.

The rumor was that Indy might be replacing Dinosaur I believe.

THE Monorail Lime

This area seems like it's always kept in a state of upheaval. Seems like they use it for various things like testing, storage or other backstage related tasks. I doubt they're planning anything attraction wise. I'm sad they never went through with the Tiger River safari concept planned for this space.

The rumor was that Indy might be replacing Dinosaur I believe.
I mean reoute the line and the roller coaster thing😃 Not (PW)

ElBendro

Indy.....it's not too far from Dino land...

It's decent ways away. You have Everest, ROL staging/break room, and Kali all between it.

Never got a chance to check it out back there. Just looking a little closer, looks like storage/maintenance for Kali, some plant tents, and construction storage/staging from Pandora.

THE Monorail Lime

It's decent ways away. You have Everest, ROL staging/break room, and Kali all between it.

Never got a chance to check it out back there. Just looking a little closer, looks like storage/maintenance for Kali, some plant tents, and construction storage/staging from Pandora.
Oh....new ride

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That area was the second WDW tree farm until 1995. When DAK work began it was moved further north but the old one was left undeveloped. Since DAK has opened it has always been a rough, cleared area from the tree farm legacy and as said above became a storage and staging area for various projects.

cjkeating

That area was the second WDW tree farm until 1995. When DAK work began it was moved further north but the old one was left undeveloped. Since DAK has opened it has always been a rough, cleared area from the tree farm legacy and as said above became a storage and staging area for various projects.

Can this area be utilised for park expansion without an attraction being removed?

I've tried to see a way through on aerial images but it looks like it has been completely blocked off?

the.dreamfinder

From “The Making of Disney’s Animal Kingdom”
The Grand Master Plan
Creating a Master Plan for Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park began almost as soon as the designers convened for the first time. In the earliest design phase, all ideas were on the table. A mature park 20 years from opening date was laid out in ideal form.

Wetlands—Boggy Creek on the west and Reedy Creek on the east—hemmed in the long and narrow park site on both sides. Planned and existing roads, visual intrusion from off-site high-rises and natural features like existing trees helped dictate the layout of the park.

Starting at the center, with the Tree of Life, project landscape planner John Shields determined how much land was needed for Safari Village, then drew the inner edge of Discovery River. The width of the river determines the placement of the “lands” and the service road, a ring road that circles the park and lets employees move around “backstage.” Far from defining the perimeter of the park, the service road is considered movable; it can be located farther out if more land is required within its bounds.
-Pg. 17
ak-overview.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom