2020-Gaming discussion

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
World Health Organization Draft Recognizes Gaming Addiction
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...zation-draft-recognizes-gaming-addiction.aspx

The World Health Organization, the health arm of the United Nations, has included a recognition of gaming addiction in their newest internal classification of diseases revision.

That classification, or the ICD-11, is due out in 2018 and the current draft points to prioritization of gaming above all else and impaired control over the act as behavior indicating an addiction.

“The behavior pattern is of sufficient severity to result in significant impairment in personal, family, social, educational, occupational, or other important areas of functioning,” reads the current WHO draft. “The gaming behavior and other features are normally evident over a period of at least 12 months in order for a diagnosis to be assigned, although the required duration may be shortened if all diagnostic requirements are met and symptoms are severe.”

Official recognition means that it's likely official diagnoses are likely not far down the line.

We need gaming addiction to be officially recognized now?

Jahona

Anyone else here play Overwatch? My bro got me to buy it last September (and the XBOX) and we have both been hooked ever since.

Yep but mainly on the PC. I go back and forth from enjoying my time to hating my teammates. It's a love hate relationship.

disneygeek90

Yep but mainly on the PC. I go back and forth from enjoying my time to hating my teammates. It's a love hate relationship.
Yeah... I feel that lol. I'm super excited for BlizzardWorld to finally be released. It's like Disney and Blizzard... my two favorite things.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Haven't played that game in over a year... I got annoyed by the community and I'm not really into FPS games anyway.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Absolutely love the Blizzworld map. Also love the intro music when you log on, very "Epoctish".

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Blizzard is the best gaming company on the planet, they really have a pulse for the fanboi/gurls.

Jahona

I've only played a few matches on it. I need to find a server just to explore the map to find all of it's secrets. The map display on the attackers side spawn is a great start.

disneygeek90

I've only played a few matches on it. I need to find a server just to explore the map to find all of it's secrets. The map display on the attackers side spawn is a great start.
Make a custom game! A group of 4 of us created a custom game on Tuesday and put us all on the same team, leaving the enemy team in a never ending "waiting" for more players as it was invite only.

I think we ended up walking around the map for a half hour just exploring the ins and outs. Great, fun map, and totally Disney!

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Read some pretty disturbing news on BioWares upcoming Anthem which gives me no hope the game will be what it was originally intended. Looks like it will be stuck as "Games as a service" type game like Battlefront 2 was supposed to be before EA got caught being greedy.

Also due to Anthem taking up everyone at BioWares time to make right, it looks like the next Dragon Age and their Star Wars MMO The Old Republic are getting pushed way way down the latter.

Sad thing is, The Old Republic used to be a pretty dam good complement to wow but has fallen on such hard times since it became free to play, with BioWare not devoting any resources to it, its as good as dead. I strongly urge any Star Wars fans to play the class stories for ToR before the game bites the dust, they are worth the one or two months of subscribing to finish all 8.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Rumor: Microsoft Looking At Electronic Arts As Possible Acquisition Target
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...onic-arts-as-possible-acquisition-target.aspx

Laughable. Microsoft has no benefit to purchase a developer who specializes in multi-platform games and who's profits comes from that very fact, lootboxes not withstanding.

Speaking of which, funny how Battlefront 2 has sold over 9 million copies. Down one million from the same time frame as the previous game but by no means the huge flop people like the plump and redundant Jim Sterling wants you to believe it is.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Switch has now outsold the Wii U by over 1 million units. Happy for Nintendo, but sad that the Wii U ended up having such a poor life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom