deleted

drcasey

... I genuinely don't understand what use this is. The Magical Express is free if you're at a hotel. I totally understand the use of the Minnie Van to get to the parks/golf courses/Springs/etc, but if you're already booked at the hotel I don't see how it's possibly worth $150 to take different transport.

Although I like that the magical express is “free” and “Disney” I won’t take it again. It takes FOREVER. In my experience, going from the airport to your hotel, you wait in line to get on the bus, you then sit and wait on the bus, then you stop at x # of resorts before you get to yours. It can take hours to get from the airport to your hotel. When you get an uber/taxi/personal car service it takes half an hour maybe. Going back to the airport, you have to be ready to be picked up 3 hrs before your flight, which is also like an hour or more of vacation time lost. Time is so precious on my vacation and that is the reason why we plan to pay for other transport now. I am guessing that others with the same reasoning may shell out for the Minnie van because they get the best of both worlds: “Disney” official transportation AND speedy service!

dreamfinder

Not trolling but... could we get Minnie van service to and from UNI? Regular lyft can be soso in central Florida. Last trip, our driver didn’t speak English and dropped us off at Swolphin, instead of the programmed location, the BW.

Until this Airport service gets rolled out, Minnie Van was on property to on property only.

ABQ

I took a Lyft from Wilderness Lodge @ 8 AM on a Wed, that was 34.06 for the 34 minute drive. Granted, it wasn't the size of the Minnie Van, was a standard vehicle.

Tavernacle12

Although I like that the magical express is “free” and “Disney” I won’t take it again. It takes FOREVER. In my experience, going from the airport to your hotel, you wait in line to get on the bus, you then sit and wait on the bus, then you stop at x # of resorts before you get to yours. It can take hours to get from the airport to your hotel. When you get an uber/taxi/personal car service it takes half an hour maybe. Going back to the airport, you have to be ready to be picked up 3 hrs before your flight, which is also like an hour or more of vacation time lost. Time is so precious on my vacation and that is the reason why we plan to pay for other transport now. I am guessing that others with the same reasoning may shell out for the Minnie van because they get the best of both worlds: “Disney” official transportation AND speedy service!

$150 for an extra hour or two at the parks seems like a bad trade off to me, personally. That’s almost 1.5x the price of a base ticket. It’s also 1.5x the price of a room at All-Stars nowadays. It just seems like a lot for a tiny amount of convenience.

21stamps

The Minnie Vans offer a sense of the Disney security and quality for those who may be cautious of going with a budget option like Uber.

I guess so, I just looked up Mears..a “luxury” van or suv is $126 from MCO to GF. I’ll stick with my ‘budget’ options, but the Mears vs Minnie doesn’t look too bad comparatively. I’m sure plenty of people will pay that difference for the Disney feel of the Minnie theme.

drcasey

$150 for an extra hour or two at the parks seems like a bad trade off to me, personally. That’s almost 1.5x the price of a base ticket. It’s also 1.5x the price of a room at All-Stars nowadays. It just seems like a lot for a tiny amount of convenience.

I totally agree that $150 is super expensive. I personally wouldn’t pay that for a Minnie Van. But a car or Uber to/from the airport is half of that, and that to me is worth it.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Just out of curiosity, why? I’m usually a fan of extras.. but not for some polka dots on a van.

For me it's convenience and a bit more security. I don't trust ride sharing companies. Their employee screening programs are less than lackluster and their corporate management has an unfounded sense of superiority from a regulatory standpoint. Not to mention the duplicity Uber has shown in the past when it comes to skirting laws and collecting information on passengers, reporters and celebrities.

I may be in a minority, but I do trust Disney. The MiniVans are owned and operated by Disney employees. Lyft only provides the network infrastructure and access through their app. Call it $150 for peace of mind.

21stamps

For me it's convenience and a bit more security. I don't trust ride sharing companies. Their employee screening programs are less than lackluster and their corporate management has an unfounded sense of superiority from a regulatory standpoint. Not to mention the duplicity Uber has shown in the past when it comes to skirting laws and collecting information on passengers, reporters and celebrities.

I may be in a minority, but I do trust Disney. The MiniVans are owned and operated by Disney employees. Lyft only provides the network infrastructure and access through their app. Call it $150 for peace of mind.

And the $25 each way above a Mears Van or SUV? (Mears town car option is a lot less, so I’m basing this on people who would need the size of a van or suv) I’m not calling you out, I’m all for people spending their money how they see fit.. just genuinely curious if the “Disney theme” is enough to spend an extra $50 round trip.
Tbh, I do think it may be ‘enough’ for some people, and Disney probably realizes that even more than I do.

SpoiledBlueMilk

And the $25 each way above a Mears Van or SUV? (Mears town car option is a lot less, so I’m basing this on people who would need the size of a van or suv) I’m not calling you out, I’m all for people spending their money how they see fit.. just genuinely curious if the “Disney theme” is enough to spend an extra $50 round trip.
Tbh, I do think it may be ‘enough’ for some people, and Disney probably realizes that even more than I do.

Yep - The theme and ownership is enough for me. I'm a sucker for it and I have a huge Mickey shaped target on my back! I figure I make one trip a year to the parks and take the "shut up and take my money!!" approach. I can understand people seeing that and thinking I'm insane, but that's the free market for you!

21stamps

Yep - The theme and ownership is enough for me. I'm a sucker for it and I have a huge Mickey shaped target on my back! I figure I make one trip a year to the parks and take the "shut up and take my money!!" approach. I can understand people seeing that and thinking I'm insane, but that's the free market for you!

I totally respect that. Options for different types of travelers are never a bad thing. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom