Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of the Three Backpacks

Hi all! As I am fighting through Disney depression I figured I would start my TR to see if it helps...:inlove:

Who?
The usual....my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_406381236239.JPG

When?
January 17 - January 21, 2018 - originally it was supposed to be the 18th - 21st but the vacation creep hit us :inlove:

Where?
Originally we planned on staying at Pop Century but my sleep deprived self changed to the Grand Floridian while at the airport going home from our last trip :joyfull: We fell in love with it last trip and I found a decent rate so we switched. Also I am neurotic and was worried about staying at a value with all the kids during the peak of flu season
IMG_5395.JPG

Why?
Some little birdies told me they were going to Disney and it only took one mention on the forum to get me down there :joyfull::joyfull:

Day 1 - January 17, 2018
Our flight wasn't as early as our last trip so we were able to sleep in - only I was wide awake at like 6 am :joyfull:
So we got up and ready and did some last minute packing before heading out
Usual date pictures my Mom makes us take :)
DSC_7597.jpg

DSC_7600.jpg

Anyway we were out the door by 7:20 am and ready for a quick trip the airport. Only, it wasn't. It wasn't supposed to snow this morning so I wasn't even stressed out about it but it was snowing pretty heavily which turned our 15 minute drive into a 45 minute drive. I mean....people were driving like they had never seen snow before which was obnoxious! Thankfully we had TSA precheck (although security was dead anyway) so we got through security in like 2 minutes and we were back on track time wise.
We had some breakfast....our usual bagels!
DSC_7603.jpg
DSC_7608.jpg

My Mom wouldn't take a normal picture :joyfull:
DSC_7611.jpg

After breakfast we had a short wait to board our plane. We boarded quickly but sadly we were stuck de-icing for 20 minutes before we could even leave.
Gangs all here
DSC_7612.jpg

Magic Band twins
DSC_7613.jpg

Our flight was extra long for some reason...usually its like 2 hours and 20 minutes max and this time it was almost 3 hours o_O I'm sure the weather had something to do with it but it was annoying :joyfull: Everything felt like it was in slo-mo this morning which is torture when you just want to be in Disney!
First stop: fonorail!
DSC_7619.jpg

Next up: more airport fun

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
More fonorail
DSC_7621.jpg

Every time we consider not taking this picture we think otherwise :)
DSC_7622.jpg

This picture is the new usual!
DSC_7623.jpg

Down to DME we went! I wonder when all the construction will finish....it looks like a bomb went off in that airport
IMG_5940.JPG

We had a short wait before we boarded the bus ! Hooray!
Not sure why this is so blurry
file-5.jpg

Our drive was much shorter than last trip but of course we were the last stop of 4 stops...slo mo again :joyfull:
In the end it worked out well because we got our room ready text right before we got there!
Our building was Boca Chica so we headed there first to drop our bags off and change (maybe first we changed our credit cards I can't remember).
DSC_7627.jpg

I took no pictures yet but we were super thrilled with our view! Paid for a garden view got a lagoon and partial theme park view...woohoo!
As we were gathering our things to leave the room my Mom noticed her brand new backpack (from Etsy...same backpacks we always have but we updated the colors) was completely torn apart. Like literally it was the first few second of using it and it was already broken! It was such a bummer! We were starving, though, so we stopped for a snack at Gasparilla Grill before we figured out a plan for the backpack.
We decided to share a cheese plate and some chips for a snack
DSC_7628.jpg

I love cheese but this cheese plate was just OK....but hey it was food!
After our snack we headed up to the gift shop and my Mom found the cutest backpack! Here she is modeling it when we got downstairs!
DSC_7630.jpg

DSC_7631.jpg

Our destination for the day was Hollywood Studios but we got to the bus stop and we must have just missed the bus because the wait was listed as over 20 minutes....:oops: We were in the midst of a FP so we decided to just take a Minnie Van there....because why not - it would get us there quicker!
DSC_7638.jpg

Next up: Hollywood Studios!

LeighM

Following along :) How was your experience in landing at MCO? I keep hearing stories about the waits due to work on the fonorails and I'm wondering how long it's going to take to leave the JetBlue area and make our way to DME. My countdown is only 45 more days!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom